South West Wales

Fire service warning after toaster death in Gowerton

Fire chiefs have appealed for people get their electrical goods tested after a man was killed in a house fire.

The 48-year-old died from smoke inhalation after a faulty toaster caught fire at his home in Gowerton, Swansea, on Monday.

Mid and West Wales Fire and Rescue Service said electrical items should be fit for purpose and tested regularly.

"This incident shows it's just not worth the risk," said deputy head of Swansea command Simon Jenkins.

More on this story

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites