South West Wales

Two in hospital after Carmarthen student accommodation fire

Two people were taken to hospital following a fire at university halls of residence in Carmarthen.

Mid and West Fire Service say the blaze was confined to a bedroom at the block belonging to the University of Wales, Trinity Saint David.

Three fire crews and an ambulance attended the scene at 18:25 BST on Thursday.

The pair were taken to Glangwili hospital as a precautionary measure.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites