South West Wales

Woman and child in hospital after gas explosion in Carmarthenshire

A woman and a child have been taken to hospital after a cooker triggered a gas explosion in Carmarthenshire.

The force of the blast caused the windows to be blown out of the house on the A477 between St Clears and Llanddowror at 08:55 GMT on Sunday.

The pair were treated at the scene, near the Savoy Country Inn, but taken to hospital as a precaution.

"There was an issue with a cooker being left on," the Mid and West Wales Fire Service said.

Related Topics