Sixth form changes plan consultation in Pembrokeshire
Plans to close school sixth forms in Pembrokeshire are being consulted on.
Proposals include providing post-16 education at a new sixth form centre at Pembrokeshire College.
The consultation started on Monday as council leader Jamie Adams said the way sixth form education is delivered in the county is unsustainable and must be changed.
About 500 people protested outside the council offices against the plans on 5 March.
The proposals would see a new 11-16 secondary school for the Haverfordwest area created, with the age range of Ysgol Bro Gwaun and Ysgol Dewi Sant reduced to 11-16.
Post-16 education for these schools would then be provided at a new integrated sixth form centre in collaboration with Pembrokeshire College.
A new Welsh medium and bilingual school would also be created on the site of the current Tasker Milward VC School, with post-16 education provided at Ysgol y Preseli.
Cllr Adams said sixth form funding for Pembrokeshire had been cut by 8.13 per cent for 2014/15, which coupled with the fact a quarter of students leave school during year 12, had "placed significant pressure on sixth form sustainability," he said.