'Legal high' boy says, 'I thought I was going to die'
A 14-year-old schoolboy from the Neath Valley has told how he was hospitalised after taking a "legal high".
Owain Vaughan from Glynneath was rushed to Morriston Hospital, Swansea on Friday after suffering fits and being violently sick.
Owain, who is now recovering at home, said: "I was terrified. I thought I was going to die."
He said he was told the substance was legal, so he assumed it was safe to take.
"All the symptoms hit me within 10 seconds," said Owain. "I collapsed, hit the floor and started fitting. It hit me as soon as I inhaled it."
Owain's story came to light after his mother, Jennie Vaughan, posted pictures on social media of her son in his hospital bed.
"Legal highs" can be bought over the counter in so-called "head shops" which operate openly on the High Street.