Call for 'urgent action' on Swansea's The Kingsway after deaths
A coroner has called for "urgent action" on the Swansea city centre road where two people including an off-duty police officer have died.
Sgt Louise Lucas, 41, a mother-of-three, died after she was hit by a bus on The Kingsway on March 31.
Daniel Foss, 37, died in the same road in October 2013.
Swansea's acting senior coroner has said the road has a "serious design issue", which "must be addressed" by Swansea council.
Colin Phillips, who also sits as senior coroner for Neath Port Talbot, issued the report to councillors as part of his investigation into Mr Foss's death.
He said he had been made aware of 10 reported traffic incidents on the road since Mr Foss died, including that involving Sgt Lucas.
Mr Phillips said there were more than 100 incidents on The Kingsway between 2008 and 2015, with 36 passengers reportedly injured while travelling on buses when drivers took "evasive action".
"There would appear to be a serious design issue which must be addressed by the local authority to make the road safer for the public," he Phillips added.
"In my opinion, there is a risk that future deaths will occur unless action is taken," he said.
Swansea council must respond to the coroner's report within 56 days.
The current traffic system on the road allows two lanes of all traffic to travel west on one side of the road, with two lanes of public transport - one going east and one west - on the other side.
Swansea council announced after Sgt Lucas's death that it would install barriers on the road's central reservation and change the traffic flow in the bus lane "as quickly" as possible.