- Hours after Algerian forces moved in against hostage-takers at a desert gas facility in eastern Algeria, state news agency APS says the military operation has ended.
- Islamist gunmen attacked a bus and a complex at In Amenas on Wednesday, taking foreign and local workers hostage.
- It is now clear that some of the hostages were killed and wounded in the Algerian operation.
- Although Algeria says some hostages were freed, UK PM David Cameron warns of "further bad news".
- Algeria has identified the gunmen as militants who follow Mokhtar Belmokhtar, a veteran Islamist with al-Qaeda links.
- The gunmen have reportedly said their attack is a reaction to French military intervention in neighbouring Mali.
- Patrick Jackson
- Bernadette McCague
- Paul Kirby
Last updated 17 January 2013Share
Updates for this Live Event are currently disabled.