- Taliban militants say they have launched several co-ordinated attacks across Afghanistan as part of a "spring offensive".
- The parliament, US, British, German and Russian embassies as well as Nato heaquarters and a hotel in Kabul are among the targets.
- Militants say they have also targeted sites in Logar, Nangarhar and Paktia provinces as well as in Jalalabad.
- Mortars have also been fired at a Nato base on Kabul's outskirts.
- Intelligence officials say three people were captured ahead of an intended attack on one of President Hamid Karzai's deputies.
- Afghan officials say 14 insurgents have been killed.
- Alex Kleiderman
- Claudia Allen
Last updated 15 April 2012Share
Updates for this Live Event are currently disabled.