- India's Hindu nationalist Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has called its predicted landslide win a "people's victory".
- The governing Congress has conceded defeat with Rahul and Sonia Gandhi both taking responsibility.
- The nine-phase five-week long campaign witnessed bitter exchanges between all parties.
- Indian officials are still counting more than 550 million votes cast during its marathon general election.
- Turnout for this election broke records with 66.38% of those eligible casting a vote.
- Security around the country has been stepped up to prevent any violence . All times BST (GMT+1).
- Samanthi Dissanayake
- Andree Massiah
- Nina Lamparski
- Mike Hills
- Sally Taft
- Amee Enriquez
Last updated 16 May 2014Share
Updates for this Live Event are currently disabled.