Micronesia profile - Media
- 31 July 2012
- From the section Asia
Micronesia has no daily newspaper, but the federal government publishes a fortnightly information bulletin and each of the constituent state governments produces its own newsletter.
The constitution provides for freedom of expression.
The state governments and a religious organisation operate radio stations, and cable TV is available on Pohnpei and Chuuk.
There are no official restrictions on internet access, however cost and a lack of infrastructure limit availability on outlying islands. There were more than 22,000 internet users by December 2011 (Internetworldstats.com).
- The National Union - fortnightly bulletin published by federal government
- The Kaselehlie Press - fortnightly
- KPON TV - Pohnpei, commercial
- TTTK TV - Chuuk, commercial
- WAAB TV - Yap, government