Man charged over Walsh claims

Louis Walsh Mr Walsh said the allegations had been "hugely distressing"

Related Stories

A 24-year-old man has been charged with falsely accusing X Factor judge Louis Walsh of indecent assault in a Dublin nightclub.

Leonard Watters appeared before Dublin District Court on Wednesday.

He was granted bail on the condition that he does not contact Mr Walsh or anyone in Westlife.

On Tuesday, Mr Walsh said he was considering taking action against The Sun newspaper who ran a story about the allegations.

In a statement he said his libel lawyer had been instructed to "vigorously pursue" a case.

"I have robustly maintained from the outset that this alleged incident did not occur.

"While I obviously welcome confirmation from the Garda that the matter has been dropped, I remain outraged that this story ran in the first place in The Sun."

Mr Walsh manages a number of music acts including Westlife and Wonderland and is the only remaining member of the original X Factor panel.

More on This Story

Related Stories

More Europe stories

RSS

Features & Analysis

Elsewhere on the BBC

Programmes

  • An ECG (electrocardiogram)Click Watch

    The wearable technology which could allow you to pay for goods with your heartbeat

BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.