Lithuania profile - Media
- 26 July 2013
- From the section Europe
Lithuania's private TV and radio stations compete with public networks run by Lithuanian National Radio and Television (LRT).
The media are free and operate independently of the state. There are no government-owned newspapers.
By June 2012 there were 2.3 million internet users (Internetworldstats). More than one million Lithuanians use Facebook.
- Lietuvos Rytas - daily
- Respublika - daily
- Lietuvos Zinios - daily
- Kauno Diena - Kaunas-based daily
- Veidas - political weekly
- Atgimimas - analytical weekly
- Ekstra - news weekly
- Verslo Zinios - business daily
- Lithuanian Radio and TV (LRT) - public, operates LTV, cultural station LTV2, satellite-delivered LTV World
- LNK TV - national, commercial
- BTV - national, commercial
- TV3 - national, commercial
- Lithuanian Radio and TV (LRT) - public, operates LR, Klasikos and Opus 3 networks
- M-1 - commercial, pop music and news
- Radiocentras - commercial, pop music
- Pukas - commercial
- Lietus - commercial
- Ziniu radijas - commercial, news