- Russia has called for an urgent ceasefire in eastern Ukraine to allow aid to reach civilians
- A huge Russian aid convoy bound for Luhansk in Ukraine has stopped at a Russian town close to the border
- The Red Cross says it has made contact with the Russian convoy but "practical details remain to be clarified"
- Ukraine has announced its own aid shipment to Luhansk, a rebel-held city under siege
- Heaving shelling has killed a number of civilians in the main rebel-held city in east Ukraine, Donetsk
- A key commander in the pro-Russian rebel movement, Igor "Strelkov" Girkin, is said to have resigned
- Laurence Peter
- Bernadette McCague
- Patrick Jackson
- John Harrison
Last updated 14 August 2014Share
Updates for this Live Event are currently disabled.