Guernsey States confidential deal to be reviewed
The impact of keeping secret a settlement between Guernsey States and a law firm will be reviewed.
The Home Department has not revealed the cost of an out-of-court settlement with AFR Advocates agreed after an unlawful police raid in June 2010.
Scrutiny Committee chairman Paul Arditti said the "swift review" would be completed as quickly as possible.
He said a panel of four had been agreed and would decide the scope and timing of the review on Thursday.
Some States members have called for the amount, known only to the members of the Home Department and the Policy Council, to be released to the public.
The calls led to Chief Minister Peter Harwood denying that a cover-up had been made.
He also announced a procedure would be put in place for future confidential agreements to allow them to be scrutinised.
States members were invited to a confidential briefing about the settlement, but the amount was not revealed to the 20 politicians who attended.
The committee has appealed for members of the public with related evidence to contact them.