Guernsey hospital bed shortage leads to surgery cancellations
All elective surgery due to take place at Guernsey's Princess Elizabeth Hospital on Friday has been cancelled because of a high demand for beds.
Urgent operations are due to go ahead and two beds at the hospital are being kept free for emergency admissions.
A Health and Social Services Department spokesman apologised for the "unavoidable" inconvenience.
Deputy chief officer Richard Evans said those affected had been told and the situation would be reviewed on Friday.
He said eight patients had had their operations postponed and they would be rescheduled as soon as possible.