Isle Of Man / Ellan Vannin

Woman escapes after kitchen fire in Isle of Man

A woman was taken to hospital after a fire spread through her kitchen in the Isle of Man.

Fire crews were called to the property in Ballamillaghyn, Braddan at 0551 BST after she heard what she described as an explosion in her home.

Four firefighters entered using breathing apparatus and managed to contain the blaze to the kitchen area.

The cause of the fire was due to a cooker being left on and igniting the combustible materials close by.

The victim was given oxygen at the scene due to smoke inhalation whilst escaping from the property and was then taken to Nobles Hospital.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites