Isle of Man bus driver strike is called off
A planned strike by bus drivers has been called off, the Isle of Man's Department of Community, Culture and Leisure has said.
The department agreed to revise bus driver contracts in an attempt to avert the industrial action, after a meeting with union officials on Thursday.
Unite members were balloted on Friday and agreed to call off the strike on 5 and 6 July, the department said.
Nearly 100 Bus Vannin employees had previously agreed to walk out.
David Cretney, minister for community, culture and leisure, said: "The sticking point was over the level of sick pay.
"I am pleased bus drivers have decided to accept the revised offer and I look forward to buses running as normal next week whilst the department and union finalise the terms and conditions that will allow us to move forward.
"The solution has been reached not by increasing the amount of compensation paid but by both parties agreeing on what changes can be made and what the value of those changes are."