Isle Of Man / Ellan Vannin

Isle of Man house fire caused by multi-plug cable

A fire at a house in the Isle of Man was caused by a cable from a multi-plug adapter, the fire service has said.

The blaze at the property on Ballakermeen Drive in Douglas was brought under control on Sunday.

It is thought a chair was placed on the cable which then heated up and caught fire.

An Isle of Man fire and rescue service spokesman said: "Electrical appliances, plugs and cables that are old or poorly wired, can be a real danger."

He added: "If you think something needs fixing or changing, do it straight away."

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites