Isle Of Man / Ellan Vannin

Man rescued after chip pan fire in Isle of Man

A man has been rescued from a flat in the south of the Isle of Man after a fire broke out.

Fire crews said they were called to Ballasalla just after 21:00 (BST) on Sunday.

The occupant was treated at the scene by paramedics for the effects of smoke inhalation.

The fire, which took an hour to put out, is believed to have been caused by an unattended chip pan, said the Isle of Man Fire and Rescue service.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites