Isle Of Man / Ellan Vannin

Neighbour rescues elderly resident from chip pan fire

An elderly resident needed treatment for smoke inhalation after being rescued by a neighbour following a chip pan fire in an Isle of Man flat.

Firefighters were called to a kitchen fire in Cushag Road, Douglas at about 18:15 GMT on Saturday.

The fire was extinguished by a neighbour before crews arrived. The kitchen suffered minor damage from smoke.

The flat's occupant was given oxygen therapy at the scene.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites