Isle Of Man / Ellan Vannin

Baby rescued from fire by parents in Douglas

A baby has been rescued by its parents after a fire broke out in the child's bedroom on the Isle of Man.

It happened at about 02:00 GMT in the Tilbury Lakes area of Governor's Hill in Douglas.

A spokesman for the Isle of Man fire service said the blaze was believed to have been caused by an electrical fault.

Station officer John Bellis said the parents had already rescued the child by the time fire crews arrived.

He added: "The whole family was taken to Noble's Hospital where they were later were given the all-clear by hospital staff."

It is thought the child's bedroom was completely destroyed in the fire.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites