Isle Of Man / Ellan Vannin

Isle of Man garage fire prompts plug socket warning

A garage fire in the Isle of Man has prompted a warning from the Manx fire and rescue service about overloading plug sockets.

Isle of Man firefighters were called to a property on Royal Terrace in Onchan at about 15:50 BST on Monday.

Fire crews from Douglas were able to bring it under control in two hours. No-one was injured.

Station officer Carl Kinvig said the fire had started in electrical sockets.

He added: "Overloading plug sockets with too many electrical appliances can cause them to overheat and the dangers are here to see."

Substantial damage was caused to items in the garage including an oil tank.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites