Isle Of Man / Ellan Vannin

Port Erin house fire: Edmund Morrison's death 'accidental'

Scene of the fire
Image caption Crews from three fire engines battled the fire on Station Road, Port Erin, on 14 February

A 91-year-old man died from pneumonia in hospital following a fire at his Port Erin home, an inquest has found.

Edmund Morrison was rescued from the blaze on Station Road along with his wife on 14 February but he died in hospital two weeks later.

Coroner of inquests John Needham recorded a verdict of accidental death at Douglas courthouse.

The court heard the fire had most likely started because of an electrical fault.

His wife, also 91, was released from hospital on the same day.

More on this story

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites