Isle of Man burglaries: 'Unprecedented' spate reaches north of island
An unprecedented spate of burglaries on the Isle of Man continued on Tuesday with the first break-ins in Ramsey.
Police said jewellery was taken from two properties in Barrule Park during the day - taking the total to 32 homes in less than a fortnight.
Insp Derek Flint said 120 incident logs were completed on Tuesday compared to 37 for the same period last year.
Isle of Man residents have been warned by police not to attempt vigilante-style attacks on attempted burglars.
The warning follows what police labelled "wild speculation" on social media.
Insp Flint said "circulating untested information on Facebook puts others at risk and people must stop doing this".
He added: "A call to us with information is much more productive than the wild speculation that some individuals are resorting to on social media.
"Police are working flat out to catch those responsible but that, contrary to speculation, we haven't brought in any officers from the UK.
"This is being managed within our own resources."
Break-ins or attempted break-ins have been reported in Douglas, Onchan, Castletown, Port St Mary, Lonan and Ramsey.
Police are again asking for homeowners to remain vigilant.