Workman's error leads to 'major gas leak' in Jersey
Roads around the Bagatelle Road area of Jersey were closed on Thursday morning while emergency services dealt with "a major gas leak".
A workman using a concrete breaker accidentally fractured an external gas main at a property on Bagatelle Road.
While the gas company isolated the leak, nearby roads were shut for about 45 minutes, reopening at 0930 BST.
The St Saviour's Parish Hall had been put on stand-by in case nearby homes had to be evacuated.