Jersey

Jersey's Longfield Villa care home damaged by fire

A Jersey care home had to be evacuated on Tuesday night after a serious fire broke out in the laundry room.

A spokesman for the Fire Service said a faulty tumble dryer was found to be the cause of the fire at Longfield Villa care home in St Peter.

He said it was thanks to fire alarms and closed fire doors that the flames were contained but the laundry room was destroyed.

And he congratulated the staff for controlling the evacuation.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites