Jersey

Summer warning after gas barbecue fire

Burnt-out extension. Image copyright Jersey Fire & Rescue
Image caption A gas barbecue fire in St Brelade could have destroyed the whole property

Jersey firefighters are warning islanders over safety after a gas barbecue almost destroyed a property.

Three fire engines attended the incident on Tuesday evening in St Brelade.

Crew Commander John Le Cornu said: "With summer being here it is crucial that all gas barbecues are well maintained and checked before use."

Jersey Fire and Rescue said gas barbecues should be inspected by a trained gas professional before use.

More on this story

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites