19 November 2012
Last updated at 03:45
Israel's military operation against militants in Gaza has continued for a fifth day, with naval vessels as well as aircraft taking part in the assault.
One Israeli strike hit the building housing Gaza's al-Quds TV and other media outlets, injuring several journalists.
Meanwhile Gaza militants resumed rocket attacks on several sites in Israel, including the southern Israeli city of Ashkelon, wounding two people.
In Gaza the death toll continued to rise. Local health officials say at least 64 Palestinians have so far been killed, including 18-month-old Eyad Abu Khosa, carried by his father Yoused.
Rescue workers dug out the bodies of four other children from the rubble of their home, after an Israeli strike on the home of a Hamas official killed nine members of the same family.
Rescue workers are continuing to pull survivors from buildings destroyed in the air strikes.
The World Health Organization says Gaza hospitals are struggling to cope with the volume of casualties.
Israel says it has targeted more than 900 sites in Gaza since Wednesday, while nearly 900 rockets have been fired at Israel by Gaza militants in the same period.
In Israel, air raid sirens have sounded across the country, warning of more incoming rockets fired from Gaza.
These Israelis in Ashkelon took refuge in a bomb shelter during one such alert.
Also in Ashkelon, a police officer stands in front of a car on fire after being hit by shrapnel.
Israel's Iron Dome missile defence shield has continued to shoot down missiles aimed at southern areas and Tel Aviv in the north.
Some Israeli soldiers from a tank squadron gathered for morning prayers as they waited near the border with Gaza, amid continuing speculation of a possible ground assault. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu says he is ready to "significantly expand the operation in Gaza".