- The US has begun air strikes in Syria against the Islamic State (IS) militant group in what is expected to be a lengthy campaign
- IS training compounds, command and control facilities, vehicles and storage sites were reportedly destroyed or damaged
- Bahrain, Jordan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates "participated in or supported" the strikes, the Pentagon says
- IS has seized large areas of Syria and Iraq and the US has already launched 190 air strikes in Iraq since August
- Some 130,000 Syrian refugees have crossed into Turkey in recent days, fearing attacks from IS
- All times BST (GMT+1).
- Alison Daye
- Tom Geoghegan
- Joanna Jolly
- Helier Cheung
- Kerry Alexandra
- Yaroslav Lukov
Last updated 23 September 2014Share
Updates for this Live Event are currently disabled.