F1 driver Sutil vows to fight assault claim
Force India driver Adrian Sutil has vowed to defend himself against any legal action arising from an incident in a nightclub.
Mr Sutil's manager said the driver had already apologised for the "accidental injury" of Renault F1 executive Eric Lux at last month's Chinese Grand Prix.
A lawyer for Mr Lux said on Monday he would file a criminal complaint of assault against the German driver.
Details of the incident in Shanghai on 17 April have not been revealed.
Mr Sutil issued a statement last week in which he said he had "unintentionally injured another guest" at a party after the race.
"Following the recent press statement issued on behalf of Mr Eric Lux, it has come to our attention he intends to submit a criminal complaint against Mr Adrian Sutil regarding an incident that took place following the Chinese Grand Prix," said Mr Sutil's manager, Manfred Zimmermann.
"Adrian has already explained his actions in China resulted in the accidental injury of Mr Lux and has apologised unreservedly for his involvement in this unfortunate event.
"Should Mr Lux proceed with his complaint, Adrian will use every available means to clarify his position and clear his name.
"In the meantime, no further comment will be made on the matter as Adrian continues to focus on the forthcoming races in Barcelona and Monaco."
Mr Lux's lawyer, Marc Henzelin, said on Monday his client had "decided to file a criminal complaint against... Adrian Sutil for physical assault and grievous bodily harm."
He said Mr Lux "does not exclude commencing an action against any other persons involved in this matter".
Mr Lux is the Luxembourg-based chief executive of Genii Capital which owns the Renault F1 team.