Pro-democracy protesters in Hong Kong surround key government buildings, as police warn they will "decisively uphold the law".
- BBC blocked from HK event in China
- Tiananmen all over again?
- Voices against protests
- Did China break its promise?
- CY Leung: I will not resign01:07
- Why Hong Kong is not just about money02:36
- Umbrella Tree sculpture unveiled00:32
- Democracy 'snatched away' - Lord Patten01:31
- Police warn against occupation00:38
- How social media shaped the protests01:22
- Taiwan shows support for HK rallies02:04
- Defiant protesters light up street 02:36
- How has HK protest hit retailers? 02:25
- How does China report protests?02:01
- Close-up: The protesters' app01:43
- US-China divisions over HK protests 00:59
Hong Kong's protesters say they were guaranteed universal suffrage in the 1997 handover, but there is intense debate over whether China really has violated the letter of the law.
Mainland media back Hong Kong Chief Executive CY Leung, saying he has Beijing's full support.
A Nobel Peace Prize meeting due to be held in South Africa will happen elsewhere after the Dalai Lama was denied a visa to the country.
Wang Dan, who helped lead the Tiananmen Square student movement in 1989, says Hong Kong protests have inspired a new generation - but says an endgame is needed.
Beijing's 10-yearly leadership handover
- How does HK protesters' app work?01:43
- HK protesters 'exceptionally organised'01:59
- HK teens defy parents to protest03:44
- China tourists 'used' in island spat01:56
- Will protests harm HK economy?02:09
- Hong Kong protesters stay put01:52
- Why 50 people died in China clashes01:53
- Behind-the-scenes: Ai Weiwei exhibit03:45
Features & Analysis
Two pro-democracy protests, 25 years apart
Canines giving Hong Kong protests added bite
How do Hong Kong protests end?
Things that could only happen in a Hong Kong protest
Why Hong Kong's protesters are not going home
Gracie: What Beijing thinks about HK protests
Microsoft's console is first to go on sale in China
The new wave of artists offering a fresh view of China
Jeweller Wallace Chan carves designs inside precious stones
Hong Kong protests muddle China's political lines
Elsewhere on the BBC
As it turns out, the Land Down Under still holds its share of secrets