The BBC's Celia Hatton on Pu Zhiqiang, a human rights lawyer who defended free speech, and the 28 messages the Chinese government may use to jail him.
- The last Tiananmen prisoner?
- Warning before Tiananmen anniversary
- China activist lawyers boycott trial
Spotlight on Japan's efforts to free its citizen Kenji Goto, being held by Islamic State militants.
- Moment elephant calf rescued from pit01:28
- Tennis star Li Na on future plans03:14
- Is China's 'miracle economy' in trouble?02:48
- Final body lifted from China tugboat01:13
- Protesters disrupt Hong Kong parliament01:45
- Firebomb attacks on HK media tycoon01:09
- Jackie Chan's son jailed on drug charge00:27
- Relatives of Shanghai crush dead visit site01:23
Features & Analysis
The wall art deemed a threat to public safety
Is China bringing Tibetan Buddhism in from the cold?
The drive to innovate rather than imitate
China's investment in Latin America under the spotlight
Football dreams and lessons from Zhou
The Hong Konger swooping on UK telecoms firms
Shanghai driver donates stem cells to UK boy
How to succeed in the East
Elsewhere on the BBC
Get off the beaten track and explore cinematic history in the Santa Monica Mountains