Seven Hong Kong policemen are arrested in connection with the beating of a pro-democracy protester in October.
- HK police to investigate 'beating'
- Was HK protester's 'beating' played down?
- Hong Kong's democracy debate
China drafts its first national law against domestic violence, long seen as a private matter in the country.
A clothes shop in the Chinese capital is embroiled in a racism row after banning locals from entering.
Chinese papers support police's decision to arrest Hong Kong's pro-democracy protesters.
At least 24 miners are killed and dozens are injured by a fire at a mine in China's Liaoning province, state media report.
- Citizen journalist on HK protest02:40
- HK: Students continue protest 02:00
- 'Exhausted, but no plans to leave'00:39
- HK protests 'humiliating' for China00:48
- Has HK protests endgame begun?01:53
- Defiant protesters weather the storm 00:54
- HK police vow to restore order 00:56
- Two districts, and a tale of two protests01:20
- Suspicion after 'triad' attacks02:02
- Chinese media censor HK news01:34
- HK campaigner: 'Talks meaningless'01:46
- Protesters outside HK CEO's office01:27
- CY Leung: I will not resign01:45
- Blue ribbon wearers 'want HK back'01:21
- Umbrella Tree sculpture unveiled00:32
- Why Hong Kong is not just about money02:36
- Two killed in China pile-up00:37
- China web 'connected but controlled'02:21
- China's internet curbs in 60 seconds01:00
- Top Gear comes to China minus Clarkson 02:29
- Rudd: We can work with China and US02:07
- What does China Australia deal mean?01:06
- Driverless cars compete in China00:39
- China facing cancer 'epidemic'02:29
Features & Analysis
Why has tribute to President Xi's marriage gone viral?
Carrie Gracie on how protests have split Hong Kong
The journalist who admitted leaking state secrets
Chinese hospital helps fathers-to-be share labour experience
Why one US comedian is trying stand-up in Beijing
Chinese maths teachers brought into English primaries
But can Beijing conquer its paranoia over the internet?
Did China tame Top Gear minus Jeremy Clarkson?
Can China tackle soaring cancer rates?
China's growing demand for Turkmenistan's gas
A week of handshakes, power shifts and blue skies for China's Xi