The Islamic State militant group releases a video purporting to show the beheading of US journalist James Foley, who was seized in Syria in 2012.
- Gauging US strategy in Iraq conflict
- The rise of Islamic State
- 10 days in Iraq
- Who are Islamic State?
- Is this the end of Iraq?
- Shot teen's mum calls for arrest02:19
- China's elite target New York real estate02:00
- Assange 'to leave embassy soon'02:01
- US clashes: Police 'like invading army'01:27
- Wildfire sweeps across US forest00:40
- Baby giraffes draw crowds to US zoos01:18
- Michael Brown family condemns footage01:53
- Two US states 'swap weather systems'00:53
More from US and Canada
News and analysis in 27 languages
Languages continued (2 of 4)
Languages continued (3 of 4)
Languages continued (4 of 4)
Features & Analysis
Raising children and running shops in Ferguson
The US teenager who asked for 12 hours of anarchy
Road trip to see if robots can trust humans - and more tales
Social media protests over Ferguson police tactics
African refugees settle into new lives in suburban America
How British firms can best succeed in the US market
Rand Paul and others break from 'law and order' conservatives
Has Ferguson turned into 'Fergustan'?