See the winners and nominees of BBC Sound of 2013
Page last updated at 12:04 GMT, Friday, 4 January 2013
- Californian pop band Haim have been named as the winners of the BBC Sound of 2013. The three sisters describe their music as R&B, pop and classic rock-inspired.
- London act Aluna George came second. More than 200 voters from the music industry named their favourite acts, compiled by BBC News Online.
- Number three was 21-year-old New York based singer Angel Haze.
- Birmingham artist Laura Mvula was voted number four on the list by music industry members, including DJ's, music critics and bloggers. Electro-pop trio Chvrches came in at number 5.
- London teenager Arlissa (pictured with Trevor Nelson) was voted as number seven on the list. The 19-year-old has already performed in the 1Xtra Live Lounge. 18-year-old A*M*E, born in Sierra Leone but based in London, was at number six and is already signed by Gary Barlow.
- King Krule, an 18-year-old from East Dulwich in south London is at number eight.
- Chichester-born Tom Odell (pictured) has been writing his own songs since he was 13. The 22-year-old is number 15 on the BBC Sound of 2013 list. Dublin group Kodaline are number nine. Little Green cars are 10, London foursome Palma Violets 11, Birmingham indie band Peace are 12th, punk band Savages 13th and The Weekend 14th.