In pictures: Adele wins Golden Globe for Skyfall song
Page last updated at 07:38 GMT, Monday, 14 January 2013
- Adele made her first red carpet appearance since giving birth and was awarded a Golden Globe for best original song for Skyfall. "Honestly, I've come out for a night out with my friend Ayda. We're new mums. We've literally come for a night out," she said after picking up the trophy. She dedicated the award to her boyfriend and her son.
- Damian Lewis and Claire Danes both won awards for their roles in Homeland, for best actor and actress in a drama series respectively. The programme, about an American war hero who becomes involved with terrorists, also beat Downton Abbey, Boardwalk Empire and Breaking Bad to the best drama series prize.
- Jennifer Lawrence was presented the best actress in a comedy or musical by Kristen Wiig and Will Ferrell for Silver Linings Playbook. "What does it say? I beat Meryl," she said, referring to her fellow nominee and multiple Golden Globe winner, Meryl Streep.
- Ben Affleck picked up the best director award for Argo. He was nominated alongside Steven Spielberg, Kathryn Bigelow, Quentin Tarantino and Ang Lee and said in his acceptance speech, "I don't care what the award is. When they put your name next to the names she just read off, it's an extraordinary thing in your life."
- Zosia Mamet, Lena Dunham and Allison Williams celebrate their win for hit show Girls, which took home best TV comedy. Dunham, who writes and stars in the programme, also won best comedy actress for her role as Hannah Horvath.
- Michelle Dockery represented British television drama Downton Abbey at the ceremony in Los Angeles. Her co-star Dame Maggie Smith, who did not attend the event, won the award for best supporting actress in a TV miniseries, for her role as the Dowager Countess.
- Tina Fey and Amy Poehler hosted the awards. The last three years have been presented by Ricky Gervais, who often made jokes at the expense of Hollywood stars. Poehler promised not to be "edgy or offensive...because as Ricky learned the hard way, when you run afoul of the Hollywood Foreign Press, they make you host this show two more times."