In pictures: Oscar nominees attend awards luncheon
Page last updated at 07:54 GMT, Tuesday, 5 February 2013
- Jennifer Lawrence, up for an Oscar for her role in Silver Linings Playbook, arrives at the Academy Awards Luncheon along with more than 160 other nominees.
- Quvenzhane Wallis (left) is the youngest ever best actress nominee for her part in Beasts of the Southern Wild, and will be up against Naomi Watts for The Impossible. Bradley Cooper is nominated for best the actor Oscar for Silver Linings Playbook.
- Tom Hooper (centre), director of Les Miserables, poses with the stars of his film Anne Hathaway and Hugh Jackman who are nominated for best supporting actress and best actor. Although the film itself is also nominated, Tom Hooper was not nominated for best director.
- Ben Affleck also missed out on a best director nomination for Argo, but is recognised in the best producer category. "I just feel so incredibly honoured to be nominated as a producer for this movie. To be here at the big party. There are nine amazing movies, any of which could win, any of which would deserve to win if they did."
- Speaking at the lunch Jessica Chastain, a best actress nominee for the Osama Bin Laden manhunt thriller Zero Dark Thirty, said she expects to have a nice breakfast, with calming music and candles, on the morning of the Oscars.
- Amy Adams (left) and Helen Hunt are both up for best supporting actress for their roles in The Master and The Sessions respectively. Denzel Washington is up for best actor for Flight. He has already won the award over a decade ago for Training Day.