BBC Sports Personality of the Year
has already reviewed the sporting year - but how much can you remember of the sporting events of 2011?
Quiz of 2011
Welcome to BBC Sport's festive quiz - how much can you remember from an action-packed year of sport?
How many Premier League football clubs still have the same manager with whom they finished the 2010-11 season?
The Rose Bowl became the 105th cricket venue to stage a Test match in June, but which became the 106th a month later?
- Pallekele (Sri Lanka)
- Sheikh Zayed Cricket Stadium, Abu Dhabi (UAE)
- Westpac Stadium, Wellington (New Zealand)
- Windsor Park, Dominica (West Indies)
6.) Rugby union
Which of these off-field offences of indiscipline were England players accused of during the Rugby World Cup?
- Drunken behaviour at a dwarf-throwing night
- Making lecherous comments to a hotel worker
- Diving off a ferry into Auckland harbour
- All of the above
Luke Donald won the European and US tours' money lists, but where did he come closest to winning a major in 2011?
- The Masters
- US Open
- The Open
- US PGA
9.) Horse racing
Which jockey rode Ballabriggs to victory in the 2011 Grand National?
- Jason Maguire
- Tony McCoy
- Sam Waley-Cohen
- Ruby Walsh
- Martin Jol (Fulham), Alex McLeish (Aston Villa) and Andre Villas-Boas (Chelsea) were appointed during the summer, while Martin O'Neill replaced Steve Bruce at Sunderland in December. (Figure correct at time of publication!)
- Swimmer Payne won gold in the 10k open water event at the World Aquatic Championships.
- Rosberg finished seventh, ahead of Schumacher (eighth), Sutil (ninth) and Heidfeld (11th) in the standings.
- Dominica hosted West Indies against India from 6-10 July. Pallekele (the Muttiah Muralitharan International Cricket Stadium) and Abu Dhabi both reached Test status in 2010, while the Westpac Stadium has regularly hosted one-day internationals since 2000 but has never hosted a Test.
- Federer lost to Jo-Wilfried Tsonga 3-6 6-7 (3-7) 6-4 6-4 6-4 in the quarter-finals.
- It was all of the above (and more). Next question!
- Chase joined Castleford in 2009, and made his England debut against France in 2011.
- Donald was tied for fourth at Augusta, tied for eighth at the PGA, tied for 45th at the US Open and failed to make the cut at the Open.
- Maguire was victorious, Waley-Cohen was second on Oscar Time and McCoy was third on Don't Push It.
- It was Morris, after England cricketers Kevin Pietersen, Tim Bresnan and Dimitri Mascarenhas had all been punished for injudicious tweeting in the last couple of years. Be careful what you tweet, and merry Christmas!
0 - 4 : Christmas pudding
5 - 7 : On the podium
8 - 10 : Going for gold