Quiz of the year
Welcome to BBC Sport's festive quiz - how much can you remember from a memorable year of sport?
1.) Rowing for gold
Which rowing pair won Great Britain's first gold medal at the London 2012 Olympics?
- Katherine Copeland and Sophie Hosking
- Helen Glover and Heather Stanning
- Katherine Grainger and Anna Watkins
- Zac Purchase and Mark Hunter
Which England defender was the only player to be credited with an own goal by Uefa at Euro 2012?
- Ashley Cole
- Glen Johnson
- Joleon Lescott
- John Terry
4.) The Bantam Menace
Which of these statistics about Bradford City is true?
- They are unbeaten in nine games against Premier League teams
- They have been drawn at home in their last nine League Cup games
- They have won their last nine penalty shoot-outs
5.) Victorious Vettel
How many grands prix did Sebastian Vettel win on his way to his third successive Formula 1 title?
6.) How's that?
Which bowler has taken the most Test wickets in 2012?
- James Anderson (England)
- Rangana Herath (Sri Lanka)
- Vernon Philander (South Africa)
- Graeme Swann (England)
8.) Beware sharks on the move
With which rugby league club did rugby union's Sale Sharks move to groundshare in 2012?
- Salford City Reds
- Swinton Lions
- Warrington Wolves
- Wigan Warriors
9.) Doubling up at SW19
Andy Murray won Olympic tennis gold at Wimbledon this summer, but who was his British partner, with whom he won silver in the mixed doubles?
- Elena Baltacha
- Anne Keothavong
- Laura Robson
- Heather Watson
10.) Cut off in his prime
Rory McIlroy matched Luke Donald's 2011 feat of winning the money list in both Europe and the United States, but in which of 2012's four majors did he fail to make the cut?
- The Masters
- US Open
- The Open
- US PGA
11.) Master of the mountains
Bradley Wiggins won the Tour de France for Britain, but who won the King of the Mountains polka-dot jersey?
- Chris Froome (GB)
- Fredrik Kessiakoff (Sweden)
- Alejandro Valverde (Spain)
- Thomas Voeckler (France)
12.) Weir all going to Hollywood?
Who did wheelchair racer David Weir, who won four golds at the London 2012 Paralympics, say should play him if a film were made of his life story?
- Daniel Craig
- Ralph Fiennes
- Daniel Radcliffe
- David Tennant
- Glover and Stanning triumphed in the Women's Pair event on Wednesday, 1 August.
- Brownlee's triathlon gold came three days later on Tuesday, 7 August.
- Sweden's first goal in their 3-2 defeat by England, though widely attributed to Olof Mellberg who had the initial shot, was credited to Johnson who had the final touch as he tried to clear off the line.
- The Bantams have won their last nine shoot-outs in all competitions, dating back to October 2009.
- Five - the German won in Bahrain, Singapore, Japan, Korea and India.
- Left-arm spinner Herath has taken 60 wickets (with the Boxing Day Test against Australia still to come), ahead of Swann (59), Anderson (48) and Philander (43).
- Halfpenny's 66 points (two tries, seven conversions and 14 penalties) put him top ahead of Farrell (63) and Sexton (56), while Laidlaw was the top Scot with 33.
- Sale left Stockport's Edgeley Park to move to the Salford City Stadium.
- Robson partnered Murray as they were beaten by Belarus pair Max Mirnyi and Victoria Azarenka.
- McIlroy failed to make the cut at the US Open. He was tied for 40th at the Masters, tied for 60th at the Open, and famously won the US PGA.
- Voeckler won the King of the Mountains classification for Team Europcar, with Astana's Kessiakoff the runner-up. Valverde was fifth and Froome sixth.
- Weir's choice was Daniel Craig - who, in his James Bond persona, memorably "escorted" the Queen to the Olympic opening ceremony. Merry Christmas!
0 - 4 : Olympic nightmare
5 - 8 : Plucky podium place
9 - 12 : Gold fever