Michael van Gerwen enjoying Phil Taylor rivalry
Michael van Gerwen tells BBC Sport's Phil Cartwright that he is enjoying his rivalry with world number one Phil Taylor, but does not believe anyone will ever match the achievements of the 16-times world darts champion.
The Dutchman has quickly risen to number two in the PDC Order of Merit behind Taylor and is the favourite to win the World Matchplay, which starts in Blackpool on Saturday.
His renaissance began at the 2012 Matchplay, his nine-dart finish against Steve Beaton proving to be the start of an amazing purple patch for the 24-year-old.
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video De Gea & Navas 'two messed up keepers'
- Watch video Hacker outlines his 'trans-fur targets'
- Watch video Weather: Cloudy with a chance of Pog?
- Watch video Summer's biggest transfer deals
- Watch video Austin stays at QPR, Saints sign Van Dijk
- Watch video De Gea situation is ludicrous - Kilbane