Inverness CT 4 - 0 Dundee Utd
Riche Foran scored a double as Inverness got their first league win of the season in style with a demolition of a poor-looking Dundee United side.
Captain Foran got both goals in three first-half minutes before Andrew Shinnie and Arsenal loan player Philip Roberts completed the rout.
United did start the better.
And it might have been a different game if John Daly had not sent one early effort over the bar and another right at Antonio Reguero.
But Peter Houston's side have now failed to score in their last four Scottish Premier League outings.
Caley Thistle took control after those early United misses and went ahead with a superb goal on 31 minutes from Foran.
The forward found the top right-hand corner with pinpoint accuracy from 18 yards after striker Roberts then Shinnie did the lead up work.
Three minutes later, it was 2-0, with Roberts the sole provider this time.
The ball from the 18-year-old given his first start for Caley Thistle providing Foran with the chance of a bullet header at the right post.
Inverness started the second half as they had finished the first, with Foran selflessly passing up the chance of a hat-trick and squaring it to Aaron Doran, but his fellow Dubliner shot over.
United might have pulled one back from a Daly header, but this was tipped over the bar by Reguero, who was standing in for injured Inverness goalkeeper Ryan Esson.
However, the home side continued to dominate and it was only a matter of time before number three.
That was set up on 69 minutes by Foran, although it was only just scrambled over the line by Shinnie.
Two minutes later, the rout was complete when the ball broke to Roberts out on the left and he cracked it in from 18 yards to mark a memorable home debut.
Live text and stats
Saturday, 29 September 2012
Scottish Premier League
|Home Team||Score||Away Team||Time|
|Inverness CT||4-0||Dundee Utd||FT|
- 12 Reguero
- 02 Raven
- 03 Shinnie
- 05 Warren yellow card
- 14 Meekings
- 08 Draper
- 10 Shinnie (Pepper 81)
- 19 Morrison yellow card
- 09 Foran (Oswell 84)
- 17 Doran
- 23 Roberts (McKay 88)
- 01 Esson,
- 24 Brislen-Hall,
- 32 Cooper,
- 21 Polworth,
- 22 Pepper,
- 07 McKay,
- 16 Oswell
- 01 Cierzniak
- 02 Dillon
- 04 McLean
- 05 Gunning
- 12 Watson
- 06 Flood
- 08 Rankin yellow card (Armstrong 46)
- 10 Ryan (Millar 63 yellow card)
- 07 Russell
- 09 Daly
- 15 Gardyne (Dow 46)
- 13 Banks,
- 19 Vignal,
- 14 Millar,
- 16 Armstrong,
- 38 Gauld,
- 18 Dow,
- 23 Hilson
- Inverness CT 51%
- Dundee Utd 49%
Attempts on target
- Inverness CT 6
- Dundee Utd 2
Attempts off target
- Inverness CT 1
- Dundee Utd 8
- Inverness CT 5
- Dundee Utd 4
- Inverness CT 12
- Dundee Utd 11
- 90:00+1:53 Ryan Dow fouled by Aaron Doran, the ref awards a free kick. Ryan Dow delivers the ball from the free kick right-footed from right wing.
- 90:00+1:08 Willo Flood produces a right-footed shot from the edge of the box and misses to the right of the target.
- 90:00+0:23 Gary Warren concedes a free kick for a foul on Ryan Dow. Free kick taken by Brian McLean.
- 88:44 Short corner worked by Aaron Doran.
- 87:15 Substitution Billy McKay on for Philip Roberts.
- 86:41 Radoslaw Cierzniak takes the direct free kick.
- 86:41 Booking Booking for Gary Warren.
- 86:28 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Johnny Russell by Gary Warren.
- 84:21 David Raven concedes a free kick for a foul on Ryan Dow. The free kick is delivered right-footed by Willo Flood from left wing, Gavin Morrison manages to make a clearance.
- Final Result
- Full Time
- 83:51 The referee blows for the end of the match.
- 83:30 Substitution Jason Oswell joins the action as a substitute, replacing Richie Foran.
- 82:21 Unfair challenge on Jon Daly by Gary Warren results in a free kick. Direct strike on goal from the free kick comes in from Mark Millar.
- 81:37 The referee blows for offside. Radoslaw Cierzniak takes the free kick.
- 81:12 Mark Millar concedes a free kick for a foul on Gary Warren. Josh Meekings takes the free kick.
- 80:23 Corner taken right-footed by Aaron Doran from the right by-line, Gavin Gunning makes a clearance.
- 80:23 Substitution Conor Pepper comes on in place of Andrew Shinnie.
- 79:50 The ball is swung over by David Raven, clearance made by Gavin Gunning.
- 77:17 Aaron Doran decides to take the corner short.
- 72:08 GOAL - Philip Roberts:Inverness CT 4 - 0 Dundee Utd Philip Roberts fires in a goal from close in to the top right corner of the goal. Inverness CT 4-0 Dundee Utd.
- 71:05 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Aaron Doran by Mark Millar.
- 71:04 Direct free kick taken by Aaron Doran.
- 71:04 Booking Mark Millar receives a caution.
- 69:46 The assist for the goal came from Richie Foran.
- 69:46 GOAL - Andrew Shinnie:Inverness CT 3 - 0 Dundee Utd Andrew Shinnie fires in a goal from close range to the bottom right corner of the goal. Inverness CT 3-0 Dundee Utd.
- 69:05 Free kick awarded for a foul by Philip Roberts on Keith Watson. Sean Dillon takes the free kick.
- 67:56 Gavin Morrison crosses the ball, clearance by Keith Watson.
- 66:59 Johnny Russell produces a cross.
- 65:37 Effort from just outside the box by Keith Watson goes over the bar.
- 62:43 Substitution Mark Millar comes on in place of Richie Ryan.
- 61:28 Andrew Shinnie fouled by Willo Flood, the ref awards a free kick. Shot comes in from Gavin Morrison from the free kick.
- 59:52 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Andrew Shinnie by Richie Ryan. Free kick taken by Josh Meekings.
- 58:07 Foul by Richie Ryan on Andrew Shinnie, free kick awarded. Free kick taken by Aaron Doran.
- 57:16 Inswinging corner taken from the left by-line by Willo Flood, Andrew Shinnie makes a clearance.
- 56:15 Jon Daly gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Gary Warren. David Raven restarts play with the free kick.
- 55:06 Handball by Aaron Doran. Free kick taken by Willo Flood.
- 54:48 Centre by Keith Watson, Gary Warren makes a clearance.
- Correction - 50:35 Corner from the right by-line taken by Aaron Doran, clearance by Gavin Gunning.
- 50:35 Outswinging corner taken right-footed by Aaron Doran, Gavin Gunning makes a clearance.
- 45:56 Substitution Ryan Dow comes on in place of Michael Gardyne.
- Correction - 45:49 Substitution Stuart Armstrong replaces John Rankin.
- 45:49 Substitution Stuart Armstrong replaces John Rankin.
- 45:01 The game restarts for the second half.
- Half Time
- 45:00+24:57 The half-time whistle blows.
- 42:38 Willo Flood has a drilled shot. Gary Warren gets a block in.
- 40:09 Andrew Shinnie fouled by Richie Ryan, the ref awards a free kick. Antonio Reguero takes the free kick.
- 39:26 The assistant referee flags for offside against Richie Foran. Free kick taken by Radoslaw Cierzniak.
- 39:07 The ball is sent over by David Raven.
- 37:18 Free kick taken by Graeme Shinnie.
- 37:18 Booking John Rankin goes into the referee's book.
- 36:58 Free kick awarded for a foul by John Rankin on Aaron Doran.
- 36:28 Outswinging corner taken from the right by-line by Willo Flood, Ross Draper manages to make a clearance.
- 35:31 Unfair challenge on John Rankin by Aaron Doran results in a free kick. Willo Flood delivers the ball from the free kick left-footed from left wing, save by Antonio Reguero.
- 34:13 Assist on the goal came from Philip Roberts.
- 34:13 GOAL - Richie Foran:Inverness CT 2 - 0 Dundee Utd Richie Foran finds the back of the net with a headed goal from inside the six-yard box. Inverness CT 2-0 Dundee Utd.
- 33:01 Willo Flood sends in a cross, clearance made by Ross Draper. Willo Flood takes the inswinging corner, Gavin Gunning has a headed effort from close in and clears the bar.
- 30:53 Andrew Shinnie provided the assist for the goal.
- 30:53 GOAL - Richie Foran:Inverness CT 1 - 0 Dundee Utd Richie Foran gets on the score sheet with a goal from deep inside the penalty box to the top right corner of the goal. Inverness CT 1-0 Dundee Utd.
- 26:51 Andrew Shinnie gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Sean Dillon. Radoslaw Cierzniak takes the direct free kick.
- 24:58 Unfair challenge on Graeme Shinnie by Jon Daly results in a free kick. Direct free kick taken by Graeme Shinnie.
- 23:54 The assistant referee flags for offside against Willo Flood. Direct free kick taken by Antonio Reguero.
- 22:49 Free kick awarded for a foul by Richie Foran on Sean Dillon. Free kick taken by Gavin Gunning.
- 21:27 Corner taken right-footed by Willo Flood, Jon Daly takes a shot. Save by Antonio Reguero.
- 20:35 Gavin Morrison takes a shot. Blocked by Richie Ryan.
- 18:34 Josh Meekings fouled by Johnny Russell, the ref awards a free kick. Antonio Reguero takes the direct free kick.
- 16:57 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Ross Draper by Jon Daly. Direct free kick taken by Antonio Reguero.
- 16:16 Richie Ryan fouled by Gavin Morrison, the ref awards a free kick. Free kick taken by Sean Dillon.
- 15:47 Andrew Shinnie takes a shot. Save by Radoslaw Cierzniak.
- 11:15 Richie Ryan has an effort at goal from outside the box which misses left.
- 9:26 Johnny Russell produces a right-footed shot from deep inside the penalty box which goes wide of the left-hand post.
- 8:30 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Johnny Russell by Gavin Morrison.
- 8:14 Sean Dillon takes the free kick.
- 8:14 Booking Gavin Morrison is booked.
- 7:11 The ball is delivered by Keith Watson, Gary Warren makes a clearance.
- 5:58 Unfair challenge on Johnny Russell by Ross Draper results in a free kick. Free kick taken by Sean Dillon.
- 5:18 Keith Watson delivers the ball.
- 4:19 Effort from inside the area by Jon Daly misses to the right of the target.
- 2:20 Corner taken right-footed by Aaron Doran, Sean Dillon manages to make a clearance.
- 0:19 Effort from the edge of the box by Michael Gardyne goes wide of the right-hand upright.
- 0:00 The ref blows the whistle to begin the match.
Live text and data provided by The Press Association.