Notts County 1 - 2 Stevenage
Robin Shroot netted an injury-time winner as Stevenage came from behind to beat Notts County.
After a goalless first half, referee Darren Drysdale awarded three spot-kicks after the break.
The Magpies' regular penalty taker Jeff Hughes hit the post with his effort, but Jamal Campbell-Ryce made amends after Francois Zoko was fouled.
Notts sub Alan Sheehan was sent off for handball with Lucas Atkins netting from the spot, before Shroot's late winner.
Stevenage replace Notts County in second in League One and the Mapgies slip to fourth.
The hosts started brighter, as Alan Judge and Neal Bishop fired over the bar, while Zoko's header was punched away by Steve Arnold.
At the other end, Akins and Greg Tansey forced good saves from Magpies goalkeeper Bartosz Bialkowski.
Hughes was brought down by Akins after the break but saw his spot-kick hit the left-hand post and, when Zoko was felled by Mark Roberts, Campbell-Ryce put Notts ahead.
Sheenan, who had only been on the field for seven minutes as a second-half substitute, was dismissed after handling Marcus Haber's goal-bound shot on the line and Atkins converted from the spot.
Haber then set up substitute Shroot for a dramatic winner as Notts were beaten at home for the second time this season.
VIEWS FROM THE DRESSING ROOM
Notts County manager Keith Curle told BBC Radio Nottingham:
"Stevenage came with a game plan to come here and frustrate from minute one.
"I think, in their own minds, if they were to get a point they would've been more than happy but they have nicked all three.
"It is a learning curve for the players. You have got to know where you are in the game and where you are on the pitch."
Stevenage manager Gary Smith told BBC Three Counties Radio:
"It was a hell of a night and I thought there was some really competitive football.
"Notts County had the lion's share of possession, as you'd expect at home.
"Defensively we looked very good, very solid.
"I thought the first penalty was very suspect. The second was a clearer shout. But with the man advantage, we pushed on and got all three points."
Live text and stats
Tuesday, 2 October 2012
|Home Team||Score||Away Team||Time|
- 01 Bialkowski
- 06 Leacock
- 27 Regan
- 04 Bishop
- 08 Liddle
- 10 Judge
- 11 J Hughes
- 20 Campbell-Ryce (Labadie 80)
- 28 Boucaud
- 09 Showunmi (Arquin 59)
- 13 Zoko (Sheehan 76 red card)
- 23 Speiss,
- 03 Sheehan,
- 14 Mahon,
- 16 Labadie,
- 18 Bencherif,
- 15 Arquin,
- 19 L Hughes
- 01 Arnold
- 02 Gray yellow card (Shroot 76)
- 04 Charles
- 14 Roberts
- 22 Comminges
- 06 Tansey yellow card
- 07 Grant (Dunne 28)
- 10 Morais (Freeman 73)
- 25 Risser
- 09 Haber
- 11 Akins
- 16 Day,
- 29 Ngala,
- 08 Dunne,
- 17 Ball,
- 32 Shroot,
- 15 Freeman,
- 23 Lopez
- Notts County 57%
- Stevenage 43%
Attempts on target
- Notts County 1
- Stevenage 1
Attempts off target
- Notts County 7
- Stevenage 11
- Notts County 2
- Stevenage 5
- Notts County 4
- Stevenage 14
- Final Result
- Full Time
- 90:00+5:33 The final whistle goes and the game is over.
- 90:00+5:17 Foul by Lucas Akins on Yoann Arquin, free kick awarded. Bartosz Bialkowski takes the direct free kick.
- 90:00+3:58 Unfair challenge on Oliver Risser by Neal Bishop results in a free kick. Free kick taken by Steve Arnold.
- 90:00+1:48 Assist by Marcus Haber.
- 90:00+1:48 GOAL - Robin Shroot:Notts County 1 - 2 Stevenage Robin Shroot finds the net with a goal from inside the penalty box to the bottom left corner of the goal. Notts County 1-2 Stevenage.
- 88:51 Bartosz Bialkowski restarts play with the free kick.
- 88:51 Booking The referee shows Greg Tansey a yellow card.
- 88:44 Foul by Greg Tansey on Neal Bishop, free kick awarded.
- 87:22 Alan Judge produces a cross.
- 86:54 The referee blows for offside. Bartosz Bialkowski restarts play with the free kick.
- 85:08 Alan Judge produces a left-footed shot from long range that goes harmlessly over the bar.
- 84:13 Greg Tansey gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Joss Labadie. Direct free kick taken by Andre Boucaud. Joss Labadie takes a shot. Mark Roberts gets a block in.
- 82:58 GOAL - Lucas Akins:Notts County 1 - 1 Stevenage Placed penalty scored by Lucas Akins. Notts County 1-1 Stevenage.
- 82:37 Sent off Red card for Alan Sheehan.
- 82:06 Marcus Haber takes a shot. Alan Sheehan is penalised for handball and concedes a .
- 81:14 Alan Judge takes the inswinging corner, James Dunne manages to make a clearance.
- 79:13 Oliver Risser has a headed effort at goal from outside the box that bounces off the post. Shot from just outside the box by Oliver Risser goes over the crossbar.
- 79:13 Substitution (Notts County) makes a substitution, with Joss Labadie coming on for Jamal Campbell-Ryce.
- 79:13 Corner from the left by-line taken by Greg Tansey,
- 78:14 Oliver Risser gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Andre Boucaud. Bartosz Bialkowski restarts play with the free kick.
- 77:38 The ball is sent over by Miguel Comminges, clearance by Neal Bishop.
- 75:39 Substitution Alan Sheehan joins the action as a substitute, replacing Francois Zoko.
- 75:16 Substitution Robin Shroot comes on in place of David Gray.
- 74:49 Alan Judge takes a shot. Save by Steve Arnold.
- 72:46 Substitution Luke Freeman comes on in place of Filipe Morais.
- 72:23 The ball is swung over by Lucas Akins.
- 70:18 GOAL - Jamal Campbell-Ryce:Notts County 1 - 0 Stevenage Jamal Campbell-Ryce scores a placed penalty. Notts County 1-0 Stevenage.
- 66:57 Mark Roberts challenges Francois Zoko unfairly and gives away a Penalty.
- 66:47 The ball is swung over by Alan Judge.
- 66:37 Alan Judge sends in a cross, Darius Charles manages to make a clearance.
- 65:00 Yoann Arquin is caught offside. Mark Roberts restarts play with the free kick.
- 63:31 Effort from long range by Greg Tansey goes wide right of the target.
- 62:21 Greg Tansey fouled by Neal Bishop, the ref awards a free kick. Mark Roberts takes the free kick.
- 61:46 Yoann Arquin takes a shot. Steve Arnold gets a block in.
- 60:08 Yoann Arquin is ruled offside. Steve Arnold takes the indirect free kick.
- 57:54 Direct free kick taken by Steve Arnold.
- 57:54 Substitution Yoann Arquin is brought on as a substitute for Enoch Showunmi.
- 57:54 Lucas Akins fouled by Jeff Hughes, the ref awards a free kick.
- 57:26 James Dunne is penalised for a handball. Alan Judge takes the free kick.
- 56:56 Alan Judge takes the direct free kick.
- 56:56 Booking David Gray is shown a yellow card for unsporting behaviour.
- 56:47 Free kick awarded for a foul by David Gray on Francois Zoko.
- 53:47 Marcus Haber takes a short corner.
- 51:24 Mark Roberts sends in a cross, clearance made by Gary Liddle.
- 51:24 Penalty missed left upright by Jeff Hughes.
- 51:24 Lucas Akins gives away a Penalty for an unfair challenge on Jeff Hughes.
- 50:50 The referee blows for offside against Marcus Haber. Gary Liddle restarts play with the free kick.
- 50:42 Jamal Campbell-Ryce gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Miguel Comminges. Miguel Comminges restarts play with the free kick.
- 50:05 Lucas Akins delivers the ball, clearance made by Jeff Hughes.
- 45:57 Jeff Hughes fouled by Lucas Akins, the ref awards a free kick. Jeff Hughes takes the free kick.
- 45:01 The second half has started.
- Half Time
- 45:00+3:12 The match has reached half-time.
- 45:00+1:48 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Jamal Campbell-Ryce by Miguel Comminges. The ball is swung over by Alan Judge, Header by Jeff Hughes from deep inside the penalty area misses to the right of the target.
- 45:00+0:28 Lucas Akins takes a shot. Corner from the left by-line taken by Greg Tansey, Headed effort on goal by David Gray from just inside the box goes harmlessly over the target.
- 44:24 The ball is crossed by Jeff Hughes, Filipe Morais manages to make a clearance.
- 44:08 The ball is crossed by Francois Zoko, Mark Roberts makes a clearance.
- 42:17 Inswinging corner taken right-footed by Greg Tansey, Headed effort from deep inside the penalty area by Mark Roberts misses to the right of the target.
- 40:38 The ball is swung over by Carl Regan, Steve Arnold makes a save.
- 38:10 The ball is delivered by Jamal Campbell-Ryce.
- 37:08 Free kick awarded for a foul by Miguel Comminges on Alan Judge. Andre Boucaud delivers the ball from the free kick right-footed from right wing, clearance by Darius Charles.
- 36:34 The ball is sent over by Alan Judge, Filipe Morais manages to make a clearance.
- 31:14 Lucas Akins concedes a free kick for a foul on Jeff Hughes. Gary Liddle takes the free kick.
- 30:20 Unfair challenge on Alan Judge by Greg Tansey results in a free kick. Alan Judge takes the direct free kick.
- 28:36 Effort on goal by Miguel Comminges from long range goes harmlessly over the bar.
- 27:21 Substitution James Dunne is brought on as a substitute for Anthony Grant.
- 27:21 Jeff Hughes crosses the ball.
- 18:28 Unfair challenge on Neal Bishop by Oliver Risser results in a free kick. Alan Judge restarts play with the free kick. Alan Judge produces a cross, Steve Arnold makes a clearance. Effort on goal by Neal Bishop from inside the penalty area goes harmlessly over the bar.
- 17:35 Shot from long distance by Lucas Akins misses to the right of the goal.
- 16:35 Filipe Morais has an effort at goal from just outside the box which goes wide of the left-hand upright.
- 15:46 Jeff Hughes delivers the ball, Oliver Risser manages to make a clearance.
- 15:14 The ball is delivered by Alan Judge.
- 13:55 Volleyed shot by Greg Tansey.
- 13:09 The referee gives a free kick against Jamal Campbell-Ryce for handball. Darius Charles takes the direct free kick.
- 9:27 Alan Judge takes a inswinging corner to the near post, Francois Zoko takes a shot. Steve Arnold makes a save.
- 8:46 Alan Judge produces a cross, clearance made by Mark Roberts.
- 4:45 Corner from the right by-line taken by Filipe Morais, Gary Liddle makes a clearance.
- 2:02 Alan Judge has a shot on goal from long range that goes wide left.
- 0:30 Free kick awarded for a foul by Filipe Morais on Jamal Campbell-Ryce. Andre Boucaud takes the direct free kick.
- 0:00 The ref blows the whistle to begin the match.
Live text and data provided by The Press Association.