Dundee Utd 3 - 3 Kilmarnock
Jon Daly scored in stoppage-time to rescue a point for Dundee United in a six-goal thriller at Tannadice.
The United skipper stooped to nod the ball home in a busy penalty area, adding to his 56th-minute header.
Cillian Sheridan had given Kilmarnock an early lead with a fantastic 30-yard free-kick and dinked in a lovely finish before the interval.
United's Gary Mackay-Steven lashed in a great strike only for Paul Heffernan to reply before Daly's double.
The 6,287 fans that turned up were treated to a wonderful evening of entertainment as Kilmarnock took advantage of a slow start from the hosts.
Borja Perez was the first to have a pop at goal, with the Killie midfielder seeing his dipping strike from distance clearing the crossbar.
A terrible back-pass from Sean Dillon was then intercepted by Sheridan but the Irishman slipped as he shot, allowing Radislaw Cierzniak to save, and Borja blazed the rebound over.
Dillon was punished for an aerial challenge on nine minutes and Sheridan whipped a stunning free-kick into the top corner of the net.
Johnny Russell should have levelled when he managed to intercept a wayward shot from Mackay-Steven but the striker was leaning back and lifted the ball high over the target from six yards.
But Killie were running the show in the first half hour and Gary Harkins hammered a strike just too high before a deflected shot from Borja was smartly touched round the post by Cierzniak.
A clever Heffernan flick set Sheridan free but he wasted a good chance by shooting high and wide.
But the striker was celebrating soon after when he was picked out by a great Harkins pass and ran on to coolly lift the ball over the advancing Cierzniak.
Cammy Bell made a good blocking save to thwart Mackay-Steven as a breathtaking first-half drew to a close with some boos from the home support.
The United faithful had their spirits lifted just three minutes after the restart when Mackay-Steven glided past two opponents at pace before finding the top corner with an unstoppable strike from 25 yards.
But the visitors quickly restored their two-goal cushion when the United defence were slow to react, allowing Heffernan to dart in and loft a header over Cierzniak.
Daly got among the goals soon after when a cross from Barry Douglas was touched on by Russell at the near post and the ball fell to the striker for a simple headed finish.
Cierzniak made a good save to keep out an angled shot from Sheridan, while the Killie man was denied a hat-trick by an offside flag after he had tucked in a neat cross from Harkins.
Bell punched away a fierce shot from Stuart Armstrong and the same player drove a dangerous ball across goal that evaded his team-mates.
With four minutes of added time signalled, United kept pushing and Daly produced a typically brave diving header from another Douglas cross to round off a courageous fightback.
Live text and stats
Friday, 16 November 2012
Scottish Premier League
|Home Team||Score||Away Team||Time|
- 01 Cierzniak
- 02 Dillon
- 03 Douglas
- 04 McLean yellow card
- 05 Gunning
- 06 Flood yellow card
- 08 Rankin (Skacel 57)
- 11 Mackay-Steven
- 16 Armstrong
- 07 Russell
- 09 Daly
- 13 Banks,
- 29 Barrett,
- 10 Ryan,
- 14 Millar,
- 51 Skacel,
- 15 Gardyne,
- 18 Dow
- 01 Bell
- 02 Tesselaar
- 04 Fowler yellow card
- 05 O'Leary
- 06 Nelson
- 08 Kelly yellow card
- 11 Harkins yellow card
- 29 Pascali
- 12 Sheridan
- 14 Heffernan yellow card
- 15 Perez (Johnson 66)
- 17 Letheren,
- 23 McKeown,
- 38 O'Hara,
- 88 Sissoko,
- 10 Dayton,
- 18 Johnson,
- 37 Taylor
- Dundee Utd 52%
- Kilmarnock 48%
Attempts on target
- Dundee Utd 10
- Kilmarnock 6
Attempts off target
- Dundee Utd 5
- Kilmarnock 4
- Dundee Utd 12
- Kilmarnock 1
- Dundee Utd 10
- Kilmarnock 14
- Final Result
- Full Time
- 90:00+4:38 The final whistle is blown by the referee.
- 90:00+4:04 Corner taken left-footed by Barry Douglas from the left by-line, clearance by Ryan O'Leary.
- 90:00+3:21 Barry Douglas produces a cross, Cillian Sheridan takes a shot. Blocked by Sean Dillon.
- 90:00+3:21 Booking Booking for Liam Kelly for unsporting behaviour.
- 90:00+3:15 Liam Kelly concedes a free kick for a foul on Johnny Russell.
- 90:00+2:28 Stuart Armstrong concedes a free kick for a foul on Gary Harkins. Cameron Bell takes the free kick.
- 90:00+1:08 Assist on the goal came from Gavin Gunning.
- 90:00+1:08 GOAL - Jon Daly:Dundee Utd 3 - 3 Kilmarnock Jon Daly grabs a headed goal from close in. Dundee Utd 3-3 Kilmarnock.
- 88:50 Unfair challenge on Jeroen Tesselaar by Brian McLean results in a free kick. Indirect free kick taken by Cameron Bell.
- 87:47 Radoslaw Cierzniak restarts play with the free kick.
- 87:47 Booking Gary Harkins receives a yellow card.
- 87:41 Gary Harkins concedes a free kick for a foul on Sean Dillon.
- 85:24 James Fowler fouled by Gary Mackay-Steven, the ref awards a free kick. Indirect free kick taken by Cameron Bell.
- 84:48 Willo Flood fouled by Manuel Pascali, the ref awards a free kick. Willo Flood restarts play with the free kick.
- 83:26 Free kick awarded for a foul by Liam Kelly on Gary Mackay-Steven. Indirect free kick taken by Barry Douglas.
- 82:35 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Cameron Bell by Jon Daly. Free kick taken by Cameron Bell.
- 81:57 Willo Flood takes a outswinging corner.
- 80:25 Booking James Fowler is cautioned by the ref for dissent.
- 79:29 Rudi Skacel produces a left-footed shot from just outside the penalty area that goes harmlessly over the target.
- 78:49 Cillian Sheridan is caught offside. Radoslaw Cierzniak takes the free kick.
- 76:51 Corner taken right-footed by Willo Flood.
- 75:34 Lee Johnson handles the ball and concedes a free kick. Barry Douglas crosses the ball from the free kick left-footed from left channel, Ryan O'Leary manages to make a clearance.
- Correction - 73:26 Corner taken by Barry Douglas from the left by-line.
- 73:26 Rudi Skacel takes a outswinging corner.
- 71:36 Free kick awarded for a foul by Paul Heffernan on Barry Douglas. Free kick taken by Radoslaw Cierzniak.
- 66:12 Ryan O'Leary concedes a free kick for a foul on Johnny Russell. Barry Douglas produces a strike on goal direct from the free kick, Ryan O'Leary gets a block in.
- 65:26 Substitution Lee Johnson replaces Borja Perez.
- 63:56 Stuart Armstrong takes a shot. Save by Cameron Bell.
- 63:14 The ball is swung over by Barry Douglas, save by Cameron Bell.
- 60:32 Corner taken by Willo Flood from the right by-line to the near post.
- 59:54 Barry Douglas takes the free kick.
- 59:54 Booking Paul Heffernan receives a yellow card for unsporting behaviour.
- 59:50 Unfair challenge on Gary Mackay-Steven by Paul Heffernan results in a free kick.
- 58:21 The ball is crossed by Borja Perez, Header at goal by Cillian Sheridan, save by Radoslaw Cierzniak.
- 58:21 Booking The referee shows Brian McLean a yellow card for unsporting behaviour.
- 58:17 Unfair challenge on Gary Harkins by Brian McLean results in a free kick.
- 56:09 The ball is swung over by Johnny Russell,
- 55:54 Substitution Rudi Skacel joins the action as a substitute, replacing John Rankin.
- 55:54 Assist by Johnny Russell.
- 55:54 GOAL - Jon Daly:Dundee Utd 2 - 3 Kilmarnock Jon Daly grabs a headed goal from close in. Dundee Utd 2-3 Kilmarnock.
- 54:30 Outswinging corner taken from the right by-line by Willo Flood.
- 52:02 Assist by Borja Perez.
- 52:02 GOAL - Paul Heffernan:Dundee Utd 1 - 3 Kilmarnock Paul Heffernan grabs a headed goal from inside the penalty area. Dundee Utd 1-3 Kilmarnock.
- 51:32 Gary Mackay-Steven challenges Liam Kelly unfairly and gives away a free kick. Free kick taken by Borja Perez.
- 50:59 Stuart Armstrong takes a shot. Save made by Cameron Bell.
- 47:24 Assist on the goal came from John Rankin.
- 47:24 GOAL - Gary Mackay-Steven:Dundee Utd 1 - 2 Kilmarnock Gary Mackay-Steven gets on the score sheet with a goal from outside the penalty area to the top right corner of the goal. Dundee Utd 1-2 Kilmarnock.
- 45:35 Effort from just outside the box by Stuart Armstrong goes over the bar.
- 45:01 The game restarts for the second half.
- Half Time
- 45:00+1:12 The whistle is blown to end the first half.
- 44:05 Manuel Pascali challenges Willo Flood unfairly and gives away a free kick. Sean Dillon takes the indirect free kick.
- 40:17 The official flags Paul Heffernan offside. Indirect free kick taken by Radoslaw Cierzniak.
- 39:27 Gary Mackay-Steven takes a shot. Brilliant save by Cameron Bell.
- 34:59 Shot from inside the area by Gary Mackay-Steven clears the bar.
- 32:57 Indirect free kick taken by Michael Nelson.
- 32:57 Booking Willo Flood goes into the referee's book.
- 32:49 Borja Perez fouled by Willo Flood, the ref awards a free kick.
- 32:15 Manuel Pascali gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Gary Mackay-Steven. Free kick taken by Gavin Gunning.
- 29:49 The assist for the goal came from Gary Harkins.
- 29:49 GOAL - Cillian Sheridan:Dundee Utd 0 - 2 Kilmarnock Cillian Sheridan gets on the score sheet with a goal from inside the area to the bottom right corner of the goal. Dundee Utd 0-2 Kilmarnock.
- 29:24 Liam Kelly has an effort at goal from outside the area which goes wide right of the goal.
- 28:51 Foul by Jon Daly on Manuel Pascali, free kick awarded. Free kick taken by Michael Nelson.
- 27:18 Inswinging corner taken right-footed by Willo Flood, Jeroen Tesselaar fouled by Sean Dillon, the ref awards a free kick. Cameron Bell takes the indirect free kick.
- 26:23 Gary Harkins sends in a cross, save by Radoslaw Cierzniak.
- 25:01 The ball is delivered by Brian McLean, Jon Daly takes a shot. Save by Cameron Bell.
- 22:22 Cillian Sheridan produces a left-footed shot from deep inside the penalty box which goes wide of the left-hand post.
- 21:32 Corner taken right-footed by Willo Flood, Effort on goal by Gavin Gunning from inside the penalty box misses to the right of the target.
- 20:34 Jeroen Tesselaar gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on John Rankin. The free kick is delivered left-footed by Barry Douglas from left channel, save by Cameron Bell.
- 20:09 Gary Mackay-Steven takes a outswinging corner from the left by-line to the near post, clearance made by Cillian Sheridan.
- 18:49 Outswinging corner taken from the left by-line by Gary Mackay-Steven.
- 18:00 Corner taken by Willo Flood, John Rankin takes a shot. Blocked by Gary Harkins.
- 17:25 Inswinging corner taken by Paul Heffernan from the left by-line.
- 17:07 Paul Heffernan takes a shot. Save by Radoslaw Cierzniak.
- 16:11 Gary Mackay-Steven delivers the ball, Johnny Russell produces a right-footed shot from close in that goes over the bar.
- 15:15 Corner taken by Willo Flood played to the near post.
- 14:37 Jeroen Tesselaar concedes a free kick for a foul on Johnny Russell. Willo Flood takes the indirect free kick.
- 14:06 Brian McLean crosses the ball, Gavin Gunning takes a shot. Cameron Bell makes a comfortable save.
- 13:14 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Jon Daly by Ryan O'Leary. Free kick crossed left-footed by Barry Douglas, save made by Cameron Bell.
- 8:38 GOAL - Cillian Sheridan:Dundee Utd 0 - 1 Kilmarnock Cillian Sheridan scores a goal direct from the free kick from outside the box to the top right corner of the goal. Dundee Utd 0-1 Kilmarnock.
- 7:31 Sean Dillon gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Cillian Sheridan.
- 5:39 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Willo Flood by Borja Perez. Free kick taken by Barry Douglas.
- 3:50 Effort from deep inside the area by Borja Perez clears the bar.
- 2:12 Shot by Borja Perez from just outside the area goes over the net.
- 0:30 Ryan O'Leary challenges Jon Daly unfairly and gives away a free kick. Indirect free kick taken by Gavin Gunning.
- 0:00 The match gets underway.
Live text and data provided by The Press Association.