Preston 1 - 1 Brentford
Antonio German's first goal for Brentford rescued a point at Preston North End.
The 20-year-old striker came off the bench to head home Harlee Dean's cross one minute from time.
The home side had taken the lead just after the hour mark when Scott Laird acrobatically volleyed in Chris Robertson's knockdown.
Bees keeper Simon Moore denied Nicky Wroe twice and Jeffrey Monakana went close before German's dramatic finish.
Both sides are now unbeaten in six games in all competitions.
VIEW FROM THE DRESSING ROOM
Brentford manager Uwe Rosler told BBC London 94.9:
"I think first half we were under par. They didn't outplay us but they physically put a lot of pressure on us.
"It was difficult for us to establish any play. In the second half we controlled the game and we were the better team.
"It was a great goal by Antonio and it is important he gets his head down.
"It gives him a big boost confidence-wise and I hope it pushes him to be our third or fourth striker."
Live text and stats
Saturday, 17 November 2012
|Home Team||Score||Away Team||Time|
- 23 Simonsen
- 03 Laird yellow card
- 04 Huntington
- 05 Robertson
- 02 Keane
- 08 Wroe
- 11 Holmes (Buchanan 62)
- 17 Monakana yellow card
- 19 Welsh
- 22 King (Byrom 85)
- 29 Beavon (Elding 74)
- 01 Stuckmann,
- 16 Buchanan,
- 26 Wright,
- 13 Byrom,
- 09 Cummins,
- 12 Sodje,
- 37 Elding
- 21 Moore
- 05 Craig
- 06 Dean
- 14 Logan
- 24 Bidwell
- 04 Forshaw (German 79)
- 07 Saunders (Hayes 69)
- 08 Douglas
- 20 Diagouraga yellow card
- 09 Donaldson
- 19 Forrester (Barron 59 yellow card)
- 01 Lee,
- 03 Barron,
- 33 Kiernan,
- 15 Dallas,
- 27 Oyeleke,
- 23 Hayes,
- 30 German
- Preston 51%
- Brentford 49%
Attempts on target
- Preston 8
- Brentford 3
Attempts off target
- Preston 4
- Brentford 2
- Preston 6
- Brentford 4
- Preston 9
- Brentford 6
- Final Result
- Full Time
- 90:00+4:59 The referee blows his whistle to end the game.
- 90:00+2:07 Free kick awarded for a foul by David Buchanan on Clayton Donaldson. The free kick is swung in right-footed by Jonathan Douglas, clearance by Paul Huntington.
- 88:13 Assist on the goal came from Harlee Dean.
- 88:13 GOAL - Antonio German:Preston 1 - 1 Brentford Antonio German finds the net with a headed goal from inside the box. Preston 1-1 Brentford.
- 84:37 Shaleum Logan restarts play with the free kick.
- 84:37 Substitution Joel Byrom on for Jack King.
- 84:37 David Buchanan challenges Jonathan Douglas unfairly and gives away a free kick.
- 82:06 Booking Scott Barron is given a yellow card.
- 81:48 Effort on goal by Nicky Wroe from inside the box misses to the right of the target.
- 79:09 Corner taken left-footed by Scott Barron.
- 78:25 Inswinging corner taken by Tony Craig from the right by-line, clearance by Paul Huntington.
- 78:25 Substitution Antonio German comes on in place of Adam Forshaw.
- 77:16 Jeffrey Monakana takes a shot. Save made by Simon Moore.
- 73:35 Substitution Stuart Beavon goes off and Anthony Elding comes on.
- 69:27 Indirect free kick taken by Tony Craig.
- 69:27 Booking Booking for Jeffrey Monakana for unsporting behaviour.
- 69:11 Keith Keane concedes a free kick for a foul on Scott Barron.
- 68:11 Substitution Paul Hayes is brought on as a substitute for Sam Saunders.
- 66:53 The ball is sent over by Jonathan Douglas, save made by Steve Simonsen.
- 65:33 Nicky Wroe takes a inswinging corner from the right by-line played to the near post, save by Simon Moore.
- 65:16 Corner taken by Scott Laird.
- 64:25 Nicky Wroe produces a drilled right-footed shot from 20 yards. Save by Simon Moore.
- 61:23 GOAL - Scott Laird:Preston 1 - 0 Brentford Scott Laird gets on the score sheet with a goal from deep inside the penalty box to the top left corner of the goal. Preston 1-0 Brentford.
- 61:23 Substitution Lee Holmes goes off and David Buchanan comes on.
- 60:36 Corner crossed in by Nicky Wroe, clearance by Tony Craig.
- Correction - 58:13 Substitution (Brentford) makes a substitution, with Scott Barron coming on for Harry Forrester.
- Correction - 58:13 Jake Bidwell gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on John Welsh.
- 58:13 Nicky Wroe restarts play with the free kick.
- 58:13 Substitution (Brentford) makes a substitution, with Scott Barron coming on for Harry Forrester.
- 58:13 Unfair challenge on John Welsh by Jake Bidwell results in a .
- 56:46 The referee blows for offside against Clayton Donaldson. Scott Laird takes the indirect free kick.
- 51:52 Harry Forrester produces a right-footed shot from just outside the penalty area that goes harmlessly over the target.
- 50:36 The referee blows for offside. Shaleum Logan takes the free kick.
- 50:03 Corner taken left-footed by Scott Laird.
- 48:32 Booking The referee shows Toumani Diagouraga a yellow card.
- 48:22 Toumani Diagouraga challenges Jeffrey Monakana unfairly and gives away a free kick. Scott Laird takes the direct free kick.
- 45:01 The referee gets the second half started.
- Half Time
- 45:00+1:11 The referee blows for half time.
- 45:00+0:16 Effort from deep inside the area by Jeffrey Monakana clears the bar.
- 43:44 The referee blows for offside against Jake Bidwell. Steve Simonsen takes the free kick.
- 41:06 Jack King produces a curled right-footed shot from deep inside the penalty area which goes wide of the right-hand post.
- 39:30 Stuart Beavon has shot on goal from just outside the area which goes wide of the right-hand upright.
- 38:43 Foul by Toumani Diagouraga on John Welsh, free kick awarded. Keith Keane restarts play with the free kick.
- 37:54 Foul by John Welsh on Toumani Diagouraga, free kick awarded. Shot from 20 yards from Sam Saunders. Blocked by Chris Robertson. Free kick taken by Adam Forshaw.
- 32:18 Harry Forrester takes a shot. Blocked by Chris Robertson.
- 30:15 Paul Huntington concedes a free kick for a foul on Clayton Donaldson. Sam Saunders restarts play with the free kick.
- 27:26 Jake Bidwell restarts play with the free kick.
- 27:26 Booking Caution for Scott Laird.
- 27:13 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Shaleum Logan by Scott Laird.
- 24:49 Jeffrey Monakana crosses the ball, Simon Moore makes a save.
- Correction - 22:46 Shot by Jeffrey Monakana. Save by Simon Moore. Shot by Jeffrey Monakana from 20 yards. Save by Simon Moore.
- 22:46 Lee Holmes has an effort at goal. Save by Simon Moore.
- 18:10 The offside flag is raised against Clayton Donaldson. Free kick taken by Chris Robertson.
- 17:41 Paul Huntington fouled by Clayton Donaldson, the ref awards a free kick. Indirect free kick taken by Steve Simonsen.
- 15:55 Corner from the right by-line taken by Sam Saunders, Headed effort on goal by Jonathan Douglas from inside the penalty box misses to the right of the goal.
- 15:10 Sam Saunders decides to take a short corner.
- 14:20 Free kick awarded for a foul by Jack King on Harlee Dean. Jonathan Douglas restarts play with the free kick.
- 13:07 Jake Bidwell gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Lee Holmes. Scott Laird crosses the ball from the free kick right-footed from right channel, Tony Craig manages to make a clearance.
- 11:58 The assistant referee signals for offside against Stuart Beavon. Free kick taken by Harlee Dean.
- 10:26 Nicky Wroe has an effort at goal. Save by Simon Moore.
- 9:16 Tony Craig gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Jack King. Nicky Wroe takes the direct free kick.
- 7:08 Shot by Scott Laird. Simon Moore makes a save.
- 6:49 Outswinging corner taken by Nicky Wroe, clearance by Jake Bidwell.
- 6:21 Corner taken by Nicky Wroe.
- 3:56 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Sam Saunders by Chris Robertson. Free kick crossed right-footed by Sam Saunders, clearance made by Nicky Wroe.
- 3:31 Drilled left-footed shot by Lee Holmes. Save made by Simon Moore.
- 0:09 Free kick awarded for a foul by Paul Huntington on Sam Saunders. Tony Craig takes the free kick.
- 0:00 The game kicks-off.
Live text and data provided by The Press Association.