Billy Kee scored the only goal as Burton moved up to within a point of the play-off places with victory over his former club Accrington.
He struck within 10 minutes from inside the box after a good exchange with Calvin Zola.
Stanley almost levelled through on-loan keeper Paul Rachubka's long clearance but Brewers opposite number Dean Lyness tipped it over the bar.
Zola could have doubled Albion's lead but Rachubka denied him.
Stanley had named in-form James Beattie in their starting line-up but had to replace him with Padraig Amond when he suffered an injury in the warm-up.
VIEW FROM THE DRESSING ROOM
Burton Albion assistant manager Kevin Summerfield told BBC Radio Derby:
"There was a lot of resilience there. After the early goal, as is natural, you're going to spend quite a lot of your time defending.
"The elements, the wind didn't help us first half. But at the end of the day it's a clean sheet and three points.
"They concede a lot of goals down their right-hand side, so we told Jacques Maghoma to get at them at every opportunity. First time he got the ball; run him, crossed it, goal."
Accrington manager Leam Richardson told BBC Radio Lancashire:
"We had good possession, got in good areas and perhaps could have been a bit more clinical.
"You don't win football games with possession or with chances on goal - you win them by putting the ball in the back of the net.
"Burton beat us on that score, which is the one that matters."
Live text and stats
Sunday, 9 December 2012
- Burton 50%
- Accrington 50%
- Final Result
- Full Time
- 90:00+5:08 The referee ends the match.
- 90:00+4:18 Effort from the edge of the penalty box by Romuald Boco goes wide of the right-hand upright.
- 90:00+4:04 A cross is delivered by Luke Joyce.
- 90:00+3:24 Romuald Boco takes a shot. Save by Dean Lyness.
- 90:00+2:06 Direct effort from the free kick comes in from Jacques Maghoma.
- 90:00+2:06 Substitution (Burton Albion) makes a substitution, with Jack Dyer coming on for Robbie Weir.
- 90:00+2:06 Booking Booking for Aristote Nsiala.
- 90:00+1:58 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Robbie Weir by Aristote Nsiala.
- 88:58 Unfair challenge on George Miller by John McGrath results in a free kick. Luke Joyce takes the direct free kick.
- 87:33 Substitution John McGrath joins the action as a substitute, replacing Billy Kee.
- 87:33 Substitution Lee Molyneux goes off and Will Hatfield comes on.
- 87:33 Shot from just outside the box by Romuald Boco misses to the left of the target.
- 87:03 The ball is sent over by Romuald Boco, clearance by Zander Diamond.
- 86:16 The ball is swung over by Cleveland Taylor.
- 77:32 Unfair challenge on Anthony O'Connor by Aristote Nsiala results in a free kick. Dean Lyness takes the free kick.
- 76:52 Luke Joyce takes the inswinging corner, Dean Lyness makes a save.
- 76:35 Lee Molyneux produces a cross, clearance by Zander Diamond.
- 74:31 Corner from left by-line taken by Lee Bell.
- 74:07 Corner taken by Lee Bell from the left by-line, clearance made by Aristote Nsiala.
- 73:54 Billy Kee takes a shot. Aristote Nsiala gets a block in.
- 73:23 Lee Bell takes the inswinging corner, Paul Rachubka makes a save.
- 73:01 Billy Kee takes a shot. George Miller gets a block in.
- 72:28 A cross is delivered by Damien McCrory.
- 71:04 Cleveland Taylor takes a outswinging corner.
- 70:49 Calvin Zola takes a shot. Save made by Paul Rachubka.
- 68:37 Damien McCrory takes the free kick.
- 68:37 Substitution James Gray comes on in place of Piero Mingoia.
- 68:37 Aristote Nsiala concedes a free kick for a foul on Calvin Zola.
- 67:58 Cleveland Taylor produces a left-footed shot from deep inside the penalty area which goes wide of the left-hand post.
- 67:48 Zander Diamond produces a cross, Aristote Nsiala makes a clearance.
- 67:16 Anthony O'Connor sends in a cross, Paul Rachubka makes a save.
- 66:15 The ball is swung over by Jacques Maghoma.
- 62:26 Free kick awarded for a foul by Jacques Maghoma on Romuald Boco. Lee Molyneux takes the free kick.
- 61:33 Substitution Cleveland Taylor joins the action as a substitute, replacing Chris Palmer.
- 59:21 Effort from outside the penalty area by Chris Palmer goes wide left of the goal.
- 57:32 Corner taken by Luke Joyce played to the near post, Jacques Maghoma manages to make a clearance.
- 57:19 Luke Joyce takes a shot. Dean Lyness makes a fantastic save.
- 55:56 Corner taken by Chris Palmer from the right by-line played to the near post.
- 54:46 Lee Molyneux is caught offside. Indirect free kick taken by Dean Lyness.
- 53:05 Jacques Maghoma fouled by Craig Lindfield, the ref awards a free kick. Damien McCrory restarts play with the free kick.
- 51:37 George Miller produces a right-footed shot from just outside the area that goes wide left of the goal.
- 48:48 Luke Joyce decides to take the corner short.
- 47:56 Direct free kick taken by Aristote Nsiala.
- 47:56 Booking Robbie Weir is booked.
- 47:35 Luke Joyce fouled by Robbie Weir, the ref awards a free kick.
- 46:32 George Miller gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Zander Diamond. Free kick taken by Dean Lyness.
- 45:01 The second half has started.
- Half Time
- 45:00+1:22 The players leave the pitch at half time.
- 45:00+0:15 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Lee Bell by George Miller. Free kick taken by Zander Diamond.
- 41:05 Aristote Nsiala takes a shot. Clearance made by Marcus Holness.
- 40:08 Billy Kee gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Romuald Boco. Lee Molyneux takes the direct free kick.
- 39:01 Lee Molyneux fouled by Anthony O'Connor, the ref awards a free kick. Direct free kick taken by Luke Joyce.
- 38:08 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Zander Diamond by Padraig Amond. Dean Lyness takes the direct free kick.
- 35:25 Billy Kee is caught offside. Paul Rachubka takes the free kick.
- 34:50 Craig Lindfield sends in a cross, save made by Dean Lyness.
- 34:23 The ball is delivered by Chris Palmer, Aristote Nsiala makes a clearance.
- 33:30 Michael Liddle takes a shot. Blocked by Chris Palmer.
- 30:46 The offside flag is raised against Billy Kee. Paul Rachubka takes the free kick.
- 30:17 Padraig Amond takes a shot. Comfortable save by Dean Lyness.
- 29:47 The ball is crossed by Piero Mingoia, Zander Diamond makes a clearance.
- 28:02 Craig Lindfield delivers the ball, Zander Diamond makes a clearance.
- 26:32 Craig Lindfield concedes a free kick for a foul on Jacques Maghoma. The ball is sent over by Jacques Maghoma, Headed effort
from deep inside the area by Zander Diamond misses to the left of the goal.
- 25:18 Billy Kee has an effort at goal from deep inside the area missing to the right of the target.
- 24:41 Billy Kee delivers the ball, Zander Diamond takes a shot. Paul Rachubka makes a comfortable save.
- 24:10 Lee Bell fouled by Lee Molyneux, the ref awards a free kick. Chris Palmer takes the direct free kick.
- 23:21 The ball is sent over by Michael Liddle.
- 22:21 A cross is delivered by Romuald Boco.
- 20:28 Luke Joyce takes the inswinging corner, clearance by Lee Bell.
- 19:16 Craig Lindfield produces a cross.
- 18:05 Luke Joyce produces a right-footed shot from just outside the box that misses to the right of the goal.
- 14:19 Lee Bell concedes a free kick for a foul on Aristote Nsiala. Free kick taken by Paul Rachubka.
- 13:34 Peter Murphy gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Calvin Zola. Direct free kick taken by Calvin Zola.
- 10:43 Centre by Chris Palmer.
- 9:18 The assist for the goal came from Calvin Zola.
- 9:18 GOAL - Billy Kee:Burton 1 - 0 Accrington Stanley A goal is scored by Billy Kee from close in to the bottom right corner of the goal. Burton Albion 1-0 Accrington Stanley.
- 5:21 Foul by Billy Kee on Aristote Nsiala, free kick awarded. Paul Rachubka restarts play with the free kick.
- 1:55 Lee Molyneux crosses the ball.
- 1:16 Free kick awarded for a foul by Luke Joyce on Lee Bell. Free kick taken by Lee Bell.
- 0:19 The referee blows for offside against Billy Kee. Free kick taken by Paul Rachubka.
- 0:00 The referee gets the game underway.
Live text and data provided by The Press Association.