Brighton 0 - 0 Nott'm Forest
Brighton and Nottingham Forest remain outside the play-off places after a stalemate at the Amex Stadium.
Inigo Calderon saw an early shot come back off a post for the home side and Will Hoskins spurned several chances.
For Forest, Billy Sharp brushed the crossbar and Dexter Blackstock went close either side of half-time.
The second half saw fewer opportunities but Forest goalkeeper Lee Camp produced smart saves to deny substitute Kazenga LuaLua and Will Buckley late on.
Both teams have now recorded three goalless draws in the Championship this term.
Brighton, who have now gone three matches without a victory, made three changes and started well as Craig Mackail-Smith cut the ball back for Calderon, only for his left-footed shot to strike the woodwork.
As the Seagulls continued to have the better of proceedings, Hoskins shot wide from six yards and former England full-back Wayne Bridge fired into the side netting having been given space down the left.
Hoskins was off target again with a volley and a header from crosses going over.
Sharp clipped the bar from Cohen's centre and the visitors went close again soon after the interval as Blackstock poked substitute Greg Halford's cross narrowly wide.
Nine minutes from time LuaLua looked likely to make the breakthrough when he collected the ball on the left and cut inside before unleashing a powerful shot, but a diving Camp pushed the ball to safety.
Camp then kept out Buckley after he had burst through following a mistake by Halford.
Brighton manager Gus Poyet:
"The disappointment was there. I am getting bored at listening to myself.
"The first half was nearly perfect apart from scoring. It's up to us. If we do what we have to, we'll win games.
"Imagine if football was fair. But it's about how many goals you score. We've got a magnificent chance to be in the top six if we win.
"We don't want there to be any excuses or dramas - we just need to score and finish games. We need to stop making excuses and win games."
Forest assistant manager Rob Kelly:
"We'll take our point and move on. We didn't get a foothold in the first half and when the break came the message was to get higher up the pitch and closer to them.
"We had chances either side of half-time and in the second half we got on the front foot and did a lot better.
"Brighton had opportunities in the first half but we nearly scored ourselves and the second half was much more even.
"This is a tough league but we are building ourselves up to go anywhere and compete."
Live text and stats
Saturday, 15 December 2012
|Home Team||Score||Away Team||Time|
- 29 Kuszczak
- 03 Greer
- 06 El-Abd
- 14 Calderon
- 28 Bridge
- 08 Crofts
- 21 David Lopez (Barnes 77)
- 26 Bridcutt (Hammond 84)
- 30 Buckley
- 07 Hoskins (LuaLua 69)
- 12 Mackail-Smith
- 01 Brezovan,
- 05 Dunk,
- 04 Hammond,
- 17 Harley,
- 25 LuaLua,
- 09 Barnes,
- 10 Dobbie
- 01 Camp
- 03 Harding (Halford 46 yellow card)
- 05 Collins
- 26 Ayala
- 29 Hutton
- 06 Moussi
- 07 Guedioura (Lansbury 59)
- 08 Cohen
- 11 Reid yellow card (Gillett 90+2)
- 23 Blackstock
- 24 Sharp
- 12 Darlow,
- 15 Halford,
- 32 Ward,
- 04 Gillett,
- 10 McGugan,
- 22 Lansbury,
- 28 Majewski
- Brighton 71%
- Nott'm Forest 29%
Attempts on target
- Brighton 0
- Nott'm Forest 0
Attempts off target
- Brighton 7
- Nott'm Forest 2
- Brighton 6
- Nott'm Forest 3
- Brighton 7
- Nott'm Forest 18
- Final Result
- Full Time
- 90:00+4:43 The referee signals the end of the game.
- 90:00+1:48 Substitution (Nottm Forest) makes a substitution, with Simon Gillett coming on for Andy Reid.
- 90:00+0:34 Kazenga LuaLua takes a shot.
- 89:49 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Ashley Barnes by Alan Hutton. The free kick is swung in left-footed by Wayne Bridge, clearance by Alan Hutton.
- 88:53 Daniel Ayala concedes a free kick for a foul on Craig Mackail-Smith. Direct free kick taken by Wayne Bridge.
- 88:30 Centre by Greg Halford.
- 86:09 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Craig Mackail-Smith by Daniel Ayala. The free kick is delivered right-footed by Kazenga LuaLua from own half.
- Correction - 84:56 Corner taken by Kazenga LuaLua.
- 84:56 Inswinging corner taken right-footed by Will Buckley, Lee Camp makes a save.
- 83:16 Substitution (Brighton) makes a substitution, with Dean Hammond coming on for Liam Bridcutt.
- 81:13 A cross is delivered by Greg Halford.
- 80:12 Short corner taken by Liam Bridcutt from the left by-line, clearance made by Lee Camp.
- 78:29 Guy Moussi concedes a free kick for a foul on Ashley Barnes. Direct free kick taken by Wayne Bridge.
- 76:39 Substitution Ashley Barnes is brought on as a substitute for Moreno David Lopez.
- 76:39 Guy Moussi challenges Andrew Crofts unfairly and gives away a free kick. Direct free kick taken by Liam Bridcutt.
- 76:03 Foul by Henri Lansbury on Andrew Crofts, free kick awarded. Wayne Bridge takes the direct free kick.
- 74:23 Outswinging corner taken left-footed by Andy Reid from the left by-line, Andrew Crofts manages to make a clearance.
- 73:01 Short corner worked by Andy Reid.
- 72:12 Kazenga LuaLua gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Henri Lansbury. Direct free kick taken by Andy Reid.
- 70:50 Greg Halford concedes a free kick for a foul on Inigo Calderon. Free kick taken by Tomasz Kuszczak.
- 69:46 Greg Halford challenges Will Buckley unfairly and gives away a free kick. Moreno David Lopez takes the free kick.
- 68:29 Substitution Will Hoskins leaves the field to be replaced by Kazenga LuaLua.
- 68:29 Henri Lansbury concedes a free kick for a foul on Will Hoskins. Wayne Bridge takes the direct free kick.
- 67:35 A cross is delivered by Henri Lansbury.
- 65:07 Henri Lansbury takes a shot. Save by Tomasz Kuszczak.
- 64:35 Unfair challenge on Henri Lansbury by Andrew Crofts results in a free kick. Chris Cohen takes the free kick.
- 61:31 Unfair challenge on Billy Sharp by Liam Bridcutt results in a free kick. Danny Collins takes the free kick.
- 58:31 Substitution Henri Lansbury is brought on as a substitute for Adlene Guedioura.
- 55:57 Free kick awarded for a foul by Dexter Blackstock on Liam Bridcutt. Liam Bridcutt takes the free kick.
- 54:19 Free kick awarded for a foul by Greg Halford on Will Buckley. Moreno David Lopez crosses the ball from the free kick left-footed from right wing.
- 52:45 Free kick crossed left-footed by Moreno David Lopez, Adlene Guedioura makes a clearance.
- 52:45 Booking Greg Halford shown a yellow card.
- 51:58 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Will Buckley by Greg Halford.
- 49:40 Corner taken by Wayne Bridge from the right by-line. Wayne Bridge delivers the ball, clearance by Greg Halford.
- 48:50 Inigo Calderon takes a shot. Clearance by Lee Camp.
- 48:26 Andrew Crofts delivers the ball.
- 46:55 The ball is delivered by Will Buckley. Corner from right by-line taken by Moreno David Lopez.
- 45:13 Centre by Andy Reid, Gordon Greer manages to make a clearance.
- 45:01 The second half kicks off.
- 45:01 Substitution Greg Halford replaces Dan Harding.
- Half Time
- 45:00+2:39 The ref blows to end the first period.
- 44:18 A cross is delivered by Chris Cohen, clearance made by Inigo Calderon.
- 40:57 Chris Cohen challenges Andrew Crofts unfairly and gives away a free kick. Moreno David Lopez takes the free kick.
- 38:59 Alan Hutton sends in a cross.
- 37:46 Inswinging corner taken by Moreno David Lopez from the left by-line played to the near post, clearance made by Danny Collins.
- Correction - 35:48 The ball is swung over by Will Buckley, clearance made by Andrew Crofts.
- 35:48 Will Buckley crosses the ball, Andrew Crofts manages to make a clearance.
- 33:55 Free kick awarded for a foul by Andrew Crofts on Adlene Guedioura. Lee Camp takes the direct free kick.
- 31:49 Craig Mackail-Smith takes a shot. Lee Camp makes a clearance.
- 28:38 Unfair challenge on Andrew Crofts by Chris Cohen results in a free kick. Free kick taken by Moreno David Lopez.
- Correction - 25:01 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Andy Reid by Inigo Calderon. Andy Reid takes the direct free kick.
- 25:01 Inigo Calderon challenges Andy Reid unfairly and gives away a free kick. Direct free kick taken by Andy Reid.
- 24:35 Unfair challenge on Moreno David Lopez by Adlene Guedioura results in a free kick. Free kick taken by Liam Bridcutt.
- 22:56 The ball is swung over by Andrew Crofts.
- 22:15 Free kick awarded for a foul by Dexter Blackstock on Liam Bridcutt. Free kick taken by Adam El-Abd.
- 21:59 Foul by Craig Mackail-Smith on Daniel Ayala, free kick awarded. Direct free kick taken by Guy Moussi.
- 20:07 Outswinging corner taken left-footed by Andy Reid from the left by-line.
- 19:05 Wayne Bridge sends in a cross, Shot by Will Hoskins from inside the six-yard box clear the bar.
- 17:58 Shot by Wayne Bridge.
- 16:21 Billy Sharp takes a shot. Lee Camp manages to make a clearance.
- 15:13 Moreno David Lopez delivers the ball from the free kick right-footed from right wing, save by Lee Camp.
- 15:13 Booking The referee shows Andy Reid a yellow card for unsporting behaviour.
- 14:51 Foul by Andy Reid on Will Buckley, free kick awarded.
- Correction - 13:35 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Alan Hutton by Will Hoskins. Daniel Ayala restarts play with the free kick.
- 13:35 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Alan Hutton by Will Hoskins. Free kick taken by Daniel Ayala.
- 10:33 Centre by Andrew Crofts, Will Hoskins takes a shot.
- 8:33 Will Buckley fouled by Dan Harding, the ref awards a free kick. Moreno David Lopez delivers the ball from the free kick right-footed from left side of penalty area.
- 7:02 Will Buckley produces a cross, Inigo Calderon takes a shot. Lee Camp makes a save.
- 3:36 Wayne Bridge produces a cross, Dan Harding makes a clearance. Corner taken right-footed by Moreno David Lopez from the right by-line,
- 0:00 The referee gets the match started.
Live text and data provided by The Press Association.