Motherwell 2 - 2 Kilmarnock
Motherwell came from two goals down to grab a deserved draw at Fir Park as the home fans marked the fifth anniversary of captain Phil O'Donnell's death.
James Dayton set up Borja Perez for Kilmarnock's opener and Paul Heffernan reacted quickly to make it 2-0 to the Ayrshire side in 62 minutes.
Chris Humphrey raced past Rory McKeown and cut the ball back for Jamie Murphy to pull one back for the Steelmen.
And Henrik Ojamaa levelled the score by bending a shot around Cammy Bell.
Kilmarnock manager Kenny Shiels returned to the dug-out for the first time after his touchline ban.
Both sides made two changes to their starting line-up. Stevie Hammell and Chris Humphrey returned at the expense of Fraser Kerr and Zaine Francis Angol for Motherwell.
Killie had Lee Johnson and Ryan O'Leary replacing injured captain Manuel Pascali and Momo Sissoko.
With 10 minutes played there was a minute's applause for the late Motherwell captain O'Donnell, who died five years ago in a match against Dundee United at Fir Park.
And it was during this tribute that the home side came close to scoring.
Humphrey's cut-back was met by Michael Higdon but his low, driven shot was well saved by Bell.
Two minutes later the visitors found the breakthrough. Dayton set up Borja Perez at the edge of the 18-yard box and the Spaniard smashed it high past Randolph.
Higdon and Murphy then had efforts blocked as Well looked for an equaliser, while a Shaun Hutchinson header was stopped by Bell.
Killie could have increased their lead in 24 minutes but a tremendous goalline clearance by Hutchinson kept out Heffernan's effort.
It was one of Hutchinson's last touches because he went off injured on the half hour mark to be replaced by Adam Cummins.
Tom Hateley hit a couple of free-kicks which went straight at Bell before Nicky Law fired an effort wide of the target.
In the final minute of the first half Perez showed his defensive qualities to prevent Motherwell claiming a leveller.
He popped up at the back post to clear a Murphy volley off the line after the Fir Park striker connected with a Hateley corner kick.
Motherwell captain Keith Lasley had the first effort of the second half but his strike from the edge of the area swerved wide of Bell's left-hand post.
But after 61 minutes Killie doubled their tally as Heffernan knocked home from close range after Randolph had parried a Michael Nelson header.
Fir Park boss Stuart McCall brought on striker Bob McHugh for defender Cummins as they looked to retrieve the two-goal deficit.
Motherwell kept probing and they got themselves back in the game 10 minutes later.
Humphrey's cross was fired in by Law and Murphy turned the ball past Bell from two yards.
Three minutes later Motherwell were level after a terrific run and shot by Ojamaa curled in off the left-hand post.
The home side were transformed and they continued to force the play as Murphy hit the side netting and McHugh had a header deflected wide.
But there was to be no winner and for the fourth time in their last six meetings it ended in a draw.
Live text and stats
Saturday, 29 December 2012
Scottish Premier League
|Home Team||Score||Away Team||Time|
- 01 Randolph
- 03 Hammell
- 05 Hutchinson (Cummins 30) (McHugh 66)
- 15 Ramsden
- 04 Law
- 06 Hateley yellow card
- 07 Humphrey
- 14 Lasley
- 08 Ojamaa
- 09 Higdon
- 11 Murphy
- 12 Hollis,
- 19 Kerr,
- 26 Francis-Angol,
- 30 Cummins,
- 17 Daley,
- 18 Carswell,
- 16 McHugh
- 01 Bell
- 04 Fowler
- 05 O'Leary
- 06 Nelson
- 23 McKeown
- 08 Kelly
- 10 Dayton
- 18 Johnson (Slater 83)
- 12 Sheridan
- 14 Heffernan yellow card
- 15 Perez (O'Hara 79)
- 17 Letheren,
- 02 Tesselaar,
- 38 O'Hara,
- 11 Harkins,
- 28 Winchester,
- 36 Slater,
- 24 McKenzie
- Motherwell 52%
- Kilmarnock 48%
Attempts on target
- Motherwell 13
- Kilmarnock 6
Attempts off target
- Motherwell 7
- Kilmarnock 1
- Motherwell 11
- Kilmarnock 5
- Motherwell 10
- Kilmarnock 11
- Final Result
- Full Time
- 90:00+3:02 The referee blows for the end of the match.
- 90:00+1:30 Stevie Hammell gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Cillian Sheridan. Indirect free kick taken by James Dayton.
- 88:48 Tom Hateley takes a corner. Outswinging corner taken from the right by-line by Tom Hateley, Michael Nelson makes a clearance.
- 88:33 Liam Kelly concedes a free kick for a foul on Jamie Murphy. Free kick taken by Simon Ramsden.
- 86:45 Corner taken by Tom Hateley played to the near post, clearance by Cillian Sheridan.
- 85:45 Keith Lasley has an effort at goal from just inside the box that misses to the right of the target.
- 84:08 Unfair challenge on James Dayton by Simon Ramsden results in a free kick. Indirect free kick taken by Liam Kelly.
- 82:38 Substitution (Kilmarnock) makes a substitution, with Craig Slater coming on for Lee Johnson.
- 82:38 Henrik Ojamaa has an effort at goal from outside the box missing to the wide left of the goal.
- 81:53 Corner taken by Tom Hateley from the right by-line to the near post, clearance made by Paul Heffernan.
- 80:16 Effort on goal by Jamie Murphy from just inside the penalty area goes over the target.
- 78:46 Substitution Mark O'Hara replaces Borja Perez.
- 77:40 Corner taken by Tom Hateley from the right by-line. Tom Hateley takes a outswinging corner.
- 76:31 Effort from inside the area by Jamie Murphy misses to the right of the goal.
- 73:48 GOAL - Henrik Ojamaa:Motherwell 2 - 2 Kilmarnock Henrik Ojamaa finds the net with a goal from the edge of the penalty area to the top right corner of the goal. Motherwell 2-2 Kilmarnock.
- 72:25 Free kick awarded for a foul by Lee Johnson on Keith Lasley. The ball is crossed by Tom Hateley, Jamie Murphy takes a shot. Cameron Bell makes a save.
- 70:10 Assist by Robert McHugh.
- 70:10 GOAL - Jamie Murphy:Motherwell 1 - 2 Kilmarnock Jamie Murphy finds the back of the net with a goal from close range to the bottom left corner of the goal. Motherwell 1-2 Kilmarnock.
- 68:49 Borja Perez takes the indirect free kick.
- 68:49 Booking Booking for Tom Hateley.
- 68:40 Foul by Tom Hateley on James Dayton, free kick awarded.
- 66:44 Corner taken right-footed by Borja Perez.
- 65:32 Substitution Robert McHugh on for Adam Cummins.
- 63:46 Nicky Law takes a shot. Save made by Cameron Bell.
- 62:29 Booking Paul Heffernan goes into the referee's book for persistent infringement.
- 61:06 The assist for the goal came from Borja Perez.
- 61:06 GOAL - Paul Heffernan:Motherwell 0 - 2 Kilmarnock Paul Heffernan finds the net with a headed goal from inside the six-yard box. Motherwell 0-2 Kilmarnock.
- 60:43 Inswinging corner taken right-footed by Borja Perez played to the near post,
- 60:01 Unfair challenge on Keith Lasley by Cillian Sheridan results in a free kick. Stevie Hammell takes the indirect free kick.
- 58:32 James Dayton produces a drilled right-footed shot from deep inside the penalty box which goes wide of the left-hand upright.
- Correction - 55:57 Shot from 20 yards by Cillian Sheridan. Shot from 18 yards from Liam Kelly. Inswinging corner taken right-footed by Tom Hateley from the left by-line to the near post, clearance by Michael Nelson. Save by Darren Randolph. Save by Darren Randolph.
- 55:57 Cillian Sheridan has an effort at goal. Effort on goal by Liam Kelly from 18 yards. Corner taken right-footed by Borja Perez to the near post, clearance by Tom Hateley. Save by Darren Randolph. Save by Darren Randolph.
- 53:00 Tom Hateley concedes a free kick for a foul on James Dayton. Rory McKeown takes the free kick.
- 52:05 Keith Lasley has shot on goal from just outside the penalty box which goes wide of the right-hand upright.
- 46:39 Corner taken by Borja Perez played to the near post, clearance by Adam Cummins.
- 46:08 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Ryan O'Leary by Michael Higdon. Indirect free kick taken by Lee Johnson.
- 45:01 The second half has started.
- Half Time
- 45:00+1:08 The ref blows to end the first period.
- 45:00+0:35 Unfair challenge on Adam Cummins by Cillian Sheridan results in a free kick. Darren Randolph takes the free kick.
- 44:35 Outswinging corner taken by Tom Hateley, Jamie Murphy produces a volleyed right-footed shot from 12 yards. James Fowler gets a block in.
- 42:35 Free kick awarded for a foul by Adam Cummins on Borja Perez. Indirect free kick taken by Borja Perez.
- 41:31 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Michael Higdon by Ryan O'Leary. Keith Lasley takes the free kick.
- 40:30 Outswinging corner taken from the right by-line by Tom Hateley.
- 39:40 Shot from just outside the area by Henrik Ojamaa misses to the left of the target.
- 38:47 Paul Heffernan challenges Simon Ramsden unfairly and gives away a free kick. Tom Hateley takes the indirect free kick.
- 37:36 Liam Kelly challenges Henrik Ojamaa unfairly and gives away a free kick. Tom Hateley shoots direct from the free kick, save made by Cameron Bell.
- 36:58 Henrik Ojamaa takes a shot. Michael Nelson gets a block in.
- 33:32 Nicky Law fouled by Liam Kelly, the ref awards a free kick. Tom Hateley produces a strike on goal direct from the free kick, Cameron Bell makes a save.
- 32:49 Unfair challenge on James Dayton by Tom Hateley results in a free kick. Free kick taken by Cameron Bell.
- 29:24 Substitution Adam Cummins comes on in place of Shaun Hutchinson.
- 28:09 Henrik Ojamaa is ruled offside. Free kick taken by Michael Nelson.
- 26:35 Borja Perez takes a shot. Comfortable save by Darren Randolph.
- 23:13 Paul Heffernan takes a shot. James Dayton takes a corner. Shaun Hutchinson makes a clearance.
- 21:14 Nicky Law takes a shot. Cameron Bell makes a save.
- 18:38 Effort from the edge of the area by Jamie Murphy goes wide of the right-hand post.
- 17:18 Corner taken by Tom Hateley from the right by-line, Shaun Hutchinson takes a shot. Save made by Cameron Bell.
- 16:26 Liam Kelly concedes a free kick for a foul on Michael Higdon. Nicky Law takes the indirect free kick.
- 14:03 Tom Hateley takes a outswinging corner to the near post, Michael Higdon takes a shot. Blocked by Borja Perez. Henrik Ojamaa takes a shot. Blocked by Ryan O'Leary.
- 12:02 GOAL - Borja Perez:Motherwell 0 - 1 Kilmarnock Borja Perez fires in a goal from just outside the penalty area high into the middle of the goal. Motherwell 0-1 Kilmarnock.
- 10:56 Michael Higdon takes a shot. Save made by Cameron Bell. Foul by Shaun Hutchinson on Liam Kelly, free kick awarded. Indirect free kick taken by Cameron Bell.
- 6:54 Simon Ramsden concedes a free kick for a foul on Cillian Sheridan. James Fowler takes the free kick.
- 5:57 Liam Kelly concedes a free kick for a foul on Henrik Ojamaa. Indirect free kick taken by Tom Hateley.
- 4:15 James Fowler fouled by Nicky Law, the ref awards a free kick. Cameron Bell restarts play with the free kick.
- 2:14 James Fowler concedes a free kick for a foul on Jamie Murphy. Stevie Hammell takes the free kick.
- 0:00 The game gets underway.
Live text and data provided by The Press Association.