Aldershot 3 - 1 Rotherham
Danny Hylton's hat-trick saw Aldershot reach the FA Cup fourth round for the first time since the club reformed in 1992 with victory over Rotherham.
The striker was in fine form, scoring with a close-range effort, a header and a low drive to put the hosts 3-0 up.
Lee Frecklington did pull one back for the Millers from the penalty spot after Shots defender Ben Herd handled.
Both sides finished with 10 men, away defender Kari Arnason seeing red before Hylton was sent off shortly after.
Arnason's red was for a second bookable offence while Hylton was dismissed for an alleged elbow on Jason Taylor.
VIEW FROM THE DRESSING ROOM
Aldershot Town manager Dean Holdsworth told BBC Surrey:
"It's not just about the performance it's the way we went about our business today, the preparation was vital for us.
"The players are playing with confidence and that showed today.
"You don't beat Rotherham without playing with confidence, passion and desire and we've had all that today.
"We're playing against some very good players and you know they are going to give their manager everything and we needed to be exactly the same and we did today."
Live text and stats
Saturday, 5 January 2013
|Home Team||Score||Away Team||Time|
- 21 Young
- 02 Herd
- 03 Tonkin yellow card
- 04 Morris
- 05 Brown
- 11 Vincenti
- 23 Bradley
- 39 Hector
- 28 Cadogan (Mekki 83)
- 31 Rose
- 10 Hylton red card
- 29 Morris,
- 16 Berqvrst,
- 17 Mekki,
- 33 Roberts,
- 09 Rankine,
- 14 Sinclair,
- 20 Reid
- 21 Warrington
- 06 Mullins
- 34 O'Connell
- 04 Arnason two yellow cards, red card
- 08 Taylor
- 10 O'Connor (Morgan 46)
- 14 Bradley
- 15 Pringle
- 27 Frecklington
- 09 Revell (Odejayi 60)
- 17 Nardiello (Cameron 46)
- 30 Thompson,
- 05 Sharps,
- 31 Cameron,
- 32 Walker,
- 11 Morgan,
- 16 Odejayi,
- 22 Agard
- Aldershot 46%
- Rotherham 54%
Attempts on target
- Aldershot 4
- Rotherham 3
Attempts off target
- Aldershot 2
- Rotherham 3
- Aldershot 3
- Rotherham 5
- Aldershot 5
- Rotherham 8
- Final Result
- Full Time
- 90:00+4:25 The final whistle goes and the game is over.
- 90:00+3:54 The assistant referee signals for offside against Peter Vincenti. Indirect free kick taken by Andy Warrington.
- 90:00+1:52 Corner taken by Courtney Cameron from the left by-line to the near post, clearance by Anthony Tonkin.
- 90:00+1:36 Corner taken left-footed by Courtney Cameron.
- 90:00+0:37 Michael Hector takes a shot. Andy Warrington makes a save.
- 88:38 Anthony Tonkin takes the indirect free kick.
- 88:38 Booking Booking for Anthony Tonkin for time wasting.
- 88:11 Jason Taylor is penalised for handball and concedes a free kick.
- 84:43 Free kick taken by Andy Warrington.
- 84:43 Sent off Red card for Danny Hylton.
- 84:33 Danny Hylton gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Jason Taylor.
- 83:21 Sent off Kari Arnason is sent off by the referee for second bookable offence.
- 83:03 Booking The referee cautions Kari Arnason for unsporting behaviour.
- 82:43 Substitution Adam Mekki is brought on as a substitute for Kieron Cadogan.
- 78:47 Aaron Morris has an effort at goal from outside the penalty area which goes wide right of the goal.
- 76:53 Mark Bradley challenges Danny Hylton unfairly and gives away a free kick. Jamie Young restarts play with the free kick.
- 75:32 Anthony Tonkin fouled by Kayode Odejayi, the ref awards a free kick. Ben Herd takes the free kick.
- 74:22 Corner taken left-footed by Danny Rose to the near post, clearance by Jack O'Connell.
- 72:40 Ben Pringle challenges Aaron Morris unfairly and gives away a free kick. Direct free kick taken by Anthony Tonkin.
- 70:35 GOAL - Lee Frecklington:Aldershot 3 - 1 Rotherham Power penalty scored by Lee Frecklington. Aldershot 3-1 Rotherham.
- 69:13 Ben Herd handles the ball and concedes a .
- 65:37 Headed effort from deep inside the penalty area by Mark Bradley goes harmlessly over the crossbar.
- 64:33 Outswinging corner taken from the left by-line by Courtney Cameron, Kayode Odejayi takes a shot. Ben Herd manages to make a clearance.
- 61:09 Danny Rose provided the assist for the goal.
- 61:09 GOAL - Danny Hylton:Aldershot 3 - 0 Rotherham A goal is scored by Danny Hylton from inside the area low into the middle of the goal. Aldershot 3-0 Rotherham.
- 59:23 Substitution Kayode Odejayi on for Alex Revell.
- 59:00 Inswinging corner taken by Kieron Cadogan from the left by-line.
- 57:21 Lee Frecklington takes a shot. Jamie Young makes a save.
- 55:23 Kieron Cadogan is adjudged to have handled the ball. Andy Warrington restarts play with the free kick.
- 54:25 Danny Hylton has an effort at goal from the edge of the area that misses to the right of the target.
- 51:28 Jason Taylor concedes a free kick for a foul on Michael Hector. Direct free kick taken by Jamie Young.
- 50:23 Adam Morgan is ruled offside. Indirect free kick taken by Ben Herd.
- 45:03 Substitution Michael O'Connor leaves the field to be replaced by Adam Morgan.
- 45:03 Substitution Courtney Cameron replaces Daniel Nardiello.
- 45:01 The referee starts the second half.
- Half Time
- 45:00+2:17 The first half comes to an end.
- 44:06 Danny Rose challenges Ben Pringle unfairly and gives away a free kick. Direct free kick taken by Ben Pringle.
- 43:44 Corner taken by Michael O'Connor.
- 36:51 Handball by Daniel Nardiello. Jamie Young takes the indirect free kick.
- 34:52 Danny Hylton concedes a free kick for a foul on Jack O'Connell. Andy Warrington takes the free kick.
- 33:36 Daniel Nardiello takes a shot. Save by Jamie Young.
- 31:18 Anthony Tonkin concedes a free kick for a foul on Ben Pringle. Free kick taken by Ben Pringle.
- 29:19 Unfair challenge on Peter Vincenti by Ben Pringle results in a free kick. Jamie Young restarts play with the free kick.
- 27:21 Michael Hector challenges Jason Taylor unfairly and gives away a free kick. Michael O'Connor takes the free kick.
- 25:47 Foul by Jack O'Connell on Kieron Cadogan, free kick awarded. Free kick taken by Danny Rose.
- 22:39 Kieron Cadogan provided the assist for the goal.
- 22:39 GOAL - Danny Hylton:Aldershot 2 - 0 Rotherham Danny Hylton scores a headed goal from close range. Aldershot 2-0 Rotherham.
- 21:43 Mark Bradley concedes a free kick for a foul on Peter Vincenti. Kieron Cadogan takes the direct free kick.
- 19:39 Corner taken by Michael Hector from the right by-line, Jason Taylor makes a clearance.
- 14:18 Ben Pringle produces a right-footed shot from the edge of the area and misses to the left of the goal.
- 12:10 Foul by Ben Pringle on Michael Hector, free kick awarded. Free kick taken by Ben Herd.
- 9:18 The official flags Danny Hylton offside. Mark Bradley restarts play with the free kick.
- 5:52 Assist by Kieron Cadogan.
- 5:52 GOAL - Danny Hylton:Aldershot 1 - 0 Rotherham Danny Hylton gets on the score sheet with a goal from inside the six-yard box to the bottom right corner of the goal. Aldershot 1-0 Rotherham.
- 2:09 Ben Pringle is flagged offside by the assistant referee. Jamie Young takes the free kick.
- 1:18 Inswinging corner taken left-footed by Ben Pringle, Daniel Nardiello takes a shot.
- 1:03 The offside flag is raised against Danny Hylton. Free kick taken by Andy Warrington.
- 0:00 The match gets underway.
Live text and data provided by The Press Association.