Inverness CT 3 - 0 Aberdeen
Inverness powered to a convincing home win which maintained their unbeaten record against Aberdeen this season.
Johnny Hayes fired in several shots from distance for Aberdeen, but failed to trouble his former club's goal.
However, Andrew Shinnie beat Russell Anderson and rifled the ball into the top corner from a tight angle.
Then, a brace from Billy McKay - a low 12-yard shot and a left-footed strike into the roof of the net - put the match beyond Aberdeen.
Those goals lifted the Northern Irish striker's goal tally to 20 for the season.
Hayes, on his return to the Caledonian Stadium, came as close as anyone in the Aberdeen side to striking back but they could not break down the Inverness defence.
Aberdeen had the better of the early exchanges and after just two minutes Niall McGinn saw an effort tipped over for a corner by Antonio Reguero.
One of Caley Thistle's best chances of the first half followed soon after when Ross Draper nodded the ball on to Richie Foran whose own header was tipped away by Jamie Langfield.
Then Hayes entered the fray when he sent a 25-yard effort just over the bar before seeing another shot saved by Reguero.
Inverness next passed up another of the best opportunities of the first half when Graeme Shinnie squared the ball to McKay who could not quite make contact.
The second half had just started when Hayes was tormenting the Inverness back line again, eluding both Graeme Shinnie and Gary Warren, but Reguero responded in style to the Dubliner's shot at goal.
The breakthrough came in 54 minutes when Shinnie cut in from the left and beat Anderson to set himself up at an acute angle.
The Scottish international's contract talks may have stalled at Inverness but his appetite for goal certainly has not and he found the top corner from that tight position.
Then just after the hour, Inverness got an even stronger scent of victory when Draper supplied McKay whose low shot eluded Langfield for their second.
And with 12 minutes remaining, the game was in the bag when Andrew Shinnie was the supplier and McKay netted from 10 yards.
Live text and stats
Saturday, 19 January 2013
Scottish Premier League
|Home Team||Score||Away Team||Time|
- 12 Reguero
- 02 Raven
- 03 Shinnie
- 05 Warren
- 14 Meekings yellow card
- 04 Tudur-Jones
- 08 Draper
- 10 Shinnie (Ross 89)
- 07 McKay
- 09 Foran
- 17 Doran (Roberts 89)
- 01 Esson,
- 27 Devine,
- 11 Ross,
- 21 Polworth,
- 22 Pepper,
- 18 Sutherland,
- 23 Roberts
- 01 Langfield
- 03 Robertson yellow card
- 04 Anderson (Milsom 73)
- 22 Reynolds
- 23 Shaughnessy (Osbourne 65 yellow card)
- 05 Rae yellow card
- 10 McGinn
- 11 Hayes yellow card
- 18 Hughes
- 09 Vernon (Magennis 66)
- 38 Smith
- 32 Brown,
- 13 Low,
- 08 Milsom,
- 16 Osbourne,
- 25 Masson,
- 14 Fallon,
- 21 Magennis
- Inverness CT 59%
- Aberdeen 41%
Attempts on target
- Inverness CT 6
- Aberdeen 4
Attempts off target
- Inverness CT 5
- Aberdeen 5
- Inverness CT 4
- Aberdeen 3
- Inverness CT 11
- Aberdeen 12
- Final Result
- Full Time
- 90:00+2:17 The final whistle is blown by the referee.
- 90:00+1:09 Graeme Shinnie takes a inswinging corner.
- 89:16 Graeme Shinnie takes a inswinging corner to the near post, clearance by Mark Reynolds.
- 88:51 Johnny Hayes is caught offside. Antonio Reguero takes the free kick.
- 88:05 Substitution Aaron Doran goes off and Philip Roberts comes on.
- 88:05 Substitution Andrew Shinnie leaves the field to be replaced by Nick Ross.
- 84:36 The assistant referee flags for offside against Josh Magennis. Antonio Reguero takes the free kick.
- 83:59 Free kick awarded for a foul by Josh Meekings on Johnny Hayes.
- 83:47 Isaac Osbourne restarts play with the free kick.
- 83:47 Booking Caution for Josh Meekings.
- 81:12 Ross Draper gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Josh Magennis. Free kick taken by Johnny Hayes.
- 78:17 Outswinging corner taken by Johnny Hayes.
- 77:01 Andrew Shinnie provided the assist for the goal.
- 77:01 GOAL - Billy McKay:Inverness CT 3 - 0 Aberdeen Billy McKay finds the back of the net with a goal from inside the penalty box to the top left corner of the goal. Inverness CT 3-0 Aberdeen.
- 76:29 Johnny Hayes takes a shot. Save by Antonio Reguero.
- 75:34 Shot from close range by Ross Draper misses to the right of the goal.
- 72:10 Substitution Russell Anderson goes off and Robert Milsom comes on.
- 70:33 Johnny Hayes fouled by Ross Draper, the ref awards a free kick. Free kick taken by Johnny Hayes.
- 69:37 Stephen Hughes gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Andrew Shinnie. Graeme Shinnie restarts play with the free kick.
- 67:36 Unfair challenge on Graeme Shinnie by Isaac Osbourne results in a free kick.
- 67:17 Graeme Shinnie restarts play with the free kick.
- 67:17 Booking The referee shows Isaac Osbourne a yellow card.
- 64:44 Substitution Scott Vernon leaves the field to be replaced by Josh Magennis.
- 64:44 Substitution Isaac Osbourne on for Joe Shaughnessy.
- 64:26 Effort on goal by Johnny Hayes from just inside the penalty area goes harmlessly over the target.
- 60:12 Assist by Ross Draper.
- 60:12 GOAL - Billy McKay:Inverness CT 2 - 0 Aberdeen A goal is scored by Billy McKay from close range to the bottom right corner of the goal. Inverness CT 2-0 Aberdeen.
- 59:19 Aaron Doran gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Johnny Hayes. Clark Robertson takes the free kick.
- 58:54 Gary Warren takes a shot. Save by Jamie Langfield.
- 58:17 Free kick taken by Aaron Doran.
- 58:17 Booking The referee books Clark Robertson for unsporting behaviour.
- 58:11 Unfair challenge on Aaron Doran by Clark Robertson results in a free kick.
- 56:15 Graeme Shinnie fouled by Johnny Hayes, the ref awards a free kick.
- 55:49 Free kick taken by Graeme Shinnie.
- 55:49 Booking Booking for Johnny Hayes for unsporting behaviour.
- 54:43 Foul by Scott Vernon on Aaron Doran, free kick awarded. Direct free kick taken by David Raven.
- 52:54 Richie Foran provided the assist for the goal.
- 52:54 GOAL - Andrew Shinnie:Inverness CT 1 - 0 Aberdeen Andrew Shinnie finds the back of the net with a goal from inside the six-yard box to the top right corner of the goal. Inverness CT 1-0 Aberdeen.
- 49:38 Shot on goal by Niall McGinn from just inside the area clears the crossbar.
- 48:59 Graeme Shinnie gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Johnny Hayes. Russell Anderson takes the free kick.
- 47:19 Johnny Hayes takes a shot. Save by Antonio Reguero.
- 45:09 Niall McGinn is flagged offside by the assistant referee. Antonio Reguero takes the direct free kick.
- 45:01 The referee starts the second half.
- Half Time
- 45:00+0:36 The players leave the pitch at half time.
- 45:00+0:04 Effort from the edge of the area by Joe Shaughnessy goes wide of the left-hand post.
- 43:49 The official flags Andrew Shinnie offside. Russell Anderson restarts play with the free kick.
- 40:50 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Ross Draper by Cameron Smith. Direct free kick taken by Josh Meekings.
- 40:03 Niall McGinn takes a shot from inside the box clearing the bar.
- 39:02 Foul by Richie Foran on Joe Shaughnessy, free kick awarded. Russell Anderson takes the direct free kick.
- 38:34 Ross Draper produces a right-footed shot from just outside the box that goes wide left of the target.
- 37:52 Scott Vernon challenges Gary Warren unfairly and gives away a free kick. Gary Warren restarts play with the free kick.
- 35:25 Cameron Smith is adjudged to have handled the ball. Free kick taken by Graeme Shinnie.
- 34:10 Direct free kick taken by Graeme Shinnie.
- 34:10 Booking The referee shows Gavin Rae a yellow card for unsporting behaviour.
- 34:03 Andrew Shinnie fouled by Gavin Rae, the ref awards a free kick.
- 30:35 Foul by Billy McKay on Johnny Hayes, free kick awarded. Stephen Hughes restarts play with the free kick.
- 28:01 Andrew Shinnie produces a header from inside the six-yard box that clears the bar.
- 26:06 Foul by Stephen Hughes on Andrew Shinnie, free kick awarded. Direct free kick taken by Aaron Doran.
- 25:24 Unfair challenge on Aaron Doran by Gavin Rae results in a free kick. David Raven takes the free kick.
- 24:00 Inswinging corner taken by Graeme Shinnie from the right by-line.
- 23:33 Aaron Doran takes a shot. Clearance by Mark Reynolds.
- 21:04 Unfair challenge on Richie Foran by Mark Reynolds results in a free kick. Graeme Shinnie takes the free kick.
- 20:41 Johnny Hayes takes a shot. Save by Antonio Reguero.
- 19:46 Graeme Shinnie concedes a free kick for a foul on Johnny Hayes. Stephen Hughes restarts play with the free kick.
- 17:06 The offside flag is raised against Johnny Hayes. Direct free kick taken by Antonio Reguero.
- 14:02 Aaron Doran takes a shot.
- 10:29 Foul by Andrew Shinnie on Russell Anderson, free kick awarded. Free kick taken by Stephen Hughes.
- 9:26 Shot by Johnny Hayes from outside the box goes over the net.
- 8:40 Niall McGinn takes a shot. Save made by Antonio Reguero.
- 7:43 Effort from the edge of the area by Aaron Doran goes wide of the left-hand upright.
- 6:55 Inswinging corner taken left-footed by Graeme Shinnie, Russell Anderson makes a clearance.
- 6:36 Richie Foran takes a shot. Jamie Langfield makes a save.
- 6:00 Russell Anderson gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Aaron Doran. Free kick taken by Graeme Shinnie.
- 5:25 Johnny Hayes decides to take a short corner.
- 4:51 Foul by Ross Draper on Cameron Smith, free kick awarded. Johnny Hayes takes the free kick.
- 2:17 Johnny Hayes takes a inswinging corner from the right by-line played to the near post.
- 1:43 Free kick awarded for a foul by Gary Warren on Stephen Hughes. Stephen Hughes restarts play with the free kick.
- 0:00 The game kicks-off.
Live text and data provided by The Press Association.