Stevenage 0 - 1 Leyton Orient
Dean Cox's early strike secured Leyton Orient's first away win for almost two months at the expense of Stevenage.
Cox bundled home from close range after Boro failed to clear Leon McSweeney's cross.
Stevenage, who were playing for the first time in three weeks, had chances through Sam Hoskins and Felipe Morais.
In the second half, Orient's Charlie MacDonald headed over from close range and had a goal disallowed for offside while David Mooney also went close.
VIEWS FROM THE DRESSING ROOM
Stevenage manager Gary Smith told BBC Three Counties Radio:
"We showed all the signs of a group of players who hadn't played in a while
"When we got into more exciting areas the choices weren't good enough.
"In many way's you've got to give credit to Leyton Orient, they defended well.
"The players are fully aware of how poor our form is here (at home)."
Leyton Orient manager Russell Slade told BBC London 94.9:
"I thought we defended very well. They are a big side but we managed to keep them out, and my goalkeeper wasn't troubled too much.
"Going forward I thought we were excellent and we created a lot of chances. The only disappointment was we didn't score more goals.
"We are turning into a very solid League One side and, if we add a little bit more, then we can only go forward."
Live text and stats
Saturday, 2 February 2013
|Home Team||Score||Away Team||Time|
- 01 Arnold
- 02 Gray
- 04 Charles yellow card
- 14 Roberts
- 33 Chorley
- 06 Tansey
- 07 Grant (Beleck 58)
- 08 Dunne
- 10 Morais
- 11 Akins (Lopez 76)
- 30 Hoskins
- 16 Day,
- 03 Hills,
- 22 Comminges,
- 29 Ngala,
- 32 Shroot,
- 23 Lopez,
- 28 Beleck
- 01 Jones
- 03 Sawyer
- 05 Cuthbert
- 06 Baudry
- 02 McSweeney
- 07 Cox
- 08 Griffith
- 11 Smith
- 17 Odubajo yellow card (Cook 73)
- 14 MacDonald (Clarke 90+1)
- 28 Batt (Mooney 65)
- 15 Clarke,
- 27 Omozusi,
- 21 Cook,
- 22 Rowlands,
- 23 James,
- 20 Obafemi,
- 39 Mooney
- Stevenage 68%
- Leyton Orient 32%
Attempts on target
- Stevenage 1
- Leyton Orient 4
Attempts off target
- Stevenage 6
- Leyton Orient 8
- Stevenage 9
- Leyton Orient 6
- Stevenage 5
- Leyton Orient 6
- Final Result
- Full Time
- 90:00+3:50 The game is over, as the referee blows his whistle.
- 90:00+0:52 Substitution Charlie MacDonald goes off and Nathan Clarke comes on.
- 90:00+0:16 Lee Cook takes a inswinging corner from the right by-line to the near post.
- 89:53 Charlie MacDonald takes a shot. Clearance made by David Gray.
- 88:27 Steve Beleck takes a shot. Leon McSweeney gets a block in. Filipe Morais takes a outswinging corner to the near post.
- 88:16 The ball is swung over by Daniel Lopez.
- 87:14 Dean Cox takes a shot.
- 84:57 Filipe Morais produces a cross, Jamie Jones makes a save.
- 83:41 Handball decision goes against Charlie MacDonald. Steve Arnold takes the free kick.
- 81:17 Corner from left by-line taken by Filipe Morais.
- 81:05 The ball is crossed by Sam Hoskins.
- 79:50 David Mooney is flagged offside by the assistant referee. Ben Chorley restarts play with the free kick.
- 77:25 David Gray sends in a cross, Gary Sawyer manages to make a clearance.
- 75:49 Corner taken right-footed by Filipe Morais from the right by-line, Effort from deep inside the area by Daniel Lopez clears the bar.
- 75:05 Substitution Daniel Lopez on for Lucas Akins.
- 74:46 David Mooney takes a shot from inside the box clearing the bar.
- 74:14 Dean Cox delivers the ball.
- 72:48 Substitution Lee Cook joins the action as a substitute, replacing Moses Odubajo.
- 72:03 Corner taken by Filipe Morais.
- 70:07 Effort on goal by Leon McSweeney from outside the penalty box goes harmlessly over the bar.
- 69:50 Mark Roberts gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on David Mooney. Direct free kick taken by Dean Cox.
- 68:52 Filipe Morais takes a shot.
- 64:49 Substitution Shaun Batt leaves the field to be replaced by David Mooney.
- 59:37 Unfair challenge on Ben Chorley by Shaun Batt results in a free kick. Steve Arnold restarts play with the free kick.
- 58:53 Scott Cuthbert fouled by Sam Hoskins, the ref awards a free kick. Jamie Jones takes the direct free kick.
- 57:24 Substitution Steve Beleck comes on in place of Anthony Grant.
- 57:04 Shaun Batt produces a left-footed shot from just outside the box that misses to the right of the net.
- 55:45 Free kick awarded for a foul by Charlie MacDonald on Ben Chorley. Mark Roberts takes the free kick.
- 54:47 Dean Cox has an effort at goal from close range which goes wide right of the goal.
- 52:05 Booking Darius Charles is cautioned.
- 47:02 Free kick awarded for a foul by James Dunne on Charlie MacDonald. Dean Cox has an effort direct from the free kick, save by Steve Arnold.
- 45:01 The second half begins.
- Half Time
- 45:00+1:22 The referee calls an end to the first half.
- 45:00+0:29 Dean Cox takes the outswinging corner, Filipe Morais makes a clearance.
- Correction - 42:18 Inswinging corner taken from the left by-line by Leon McSweeney,
- 42:18 Corner taken by Filipe Morais, save made by Jamie Jones.
- 41:22 Outswinging corner taken by Filipe Morais from the right by-line.
- 41:00 James Dunne produces a cross.
- 39:37 Mark Roberts gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Shaun Batt. Dean Cox shoots direct from the free kick.
- 38:06 Dean Cox delivers the ball, David Gray makes a clearance. Outswinging corner taken by Dean Cox from the right by-line, Lucas Akins manages to make a clearance.
- 37:10 The ball is crossed by Charlie MacDonald, Close range header by Shaun Batt goes wide of the left-hand upright.
- 35:39 Filipe Morais produces a cross.
- 33:32 Strike comes in from Greg Tansey from the free kick.
- 33:32 Booking Caution for Moses Odubajo.
- 33:08 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Darius Charles by Moses Odubajo.
- 32:38 The ball is crossed by Shaun Batt, clearance made by Mark Roberts.
- Correction - 31:53 Leon McSweeney takes the inswinging corner,
- 31:53 Inswinging corner taken left-footed by Filipe Morais, Greg Tansey takes a shot. Save by Jamie Jones.
- 29:12 Anthony Grant fouled by Anthony Griffith, the ref awards a free kick. Ben Chorley restarts play with the free kick.
- 28:35 Lucas Akins takes a shot from long range which goes wide left of the goal.
- 24:47 The ball is crossed by Dean Cox.
- Correction - 23:32 Outswinging corner taken by Dean Cox from the right by-line.
- 23:32 Outswinging corner taken from the right by-line by Dean Cox.
- 22:36 Filipe Morais takes a inswinging corner.
- 22:01 Dean Cox delivers the ball, Steve Arnold makes a save.
- 20:48 A cross is delivered by Darius Charles, clearance by Anthony Griffith.
- 20:16 Charlie MacDonald takes a shot. Save by Jamie Jones.
- 18:37 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Lucas Akins by Mathieu Baudry. Greg Tansey produces a shot on goal direct from the free kick, Jamie Jones makes a save.
- 17:44 A cross is delivered by Filipe Morais, Leon McSweeney manages to make a clearance.
- 15:27 Jimmy Smith fouled by Anthony Grant, the ref awards a free kick. Jamie Jones takes the direct free kick.
- 13:54 James Dunne fouled by Dean Cox, the ref awards a free kick. Free kick crossed right-footed by Filipe Morais from left channel.
- 11:31 The ball is sent over by Dean Cox, Ben Chorley makes a clearance.
- 9:27 The assist for the goal came from Leon McSweeney.
- 9:27 GOAL - Dean Cox:Stevenage 0 - 1 Leyton Orient Dean Cox finds the back of the net with a goal from inside the six-yard box to the top left corner of the goal. Stevenage 0-1 Leyton Orient.
- 9:07 Leon McSweeney produces a cross,
- 6:50 The official flags Sam Hoskins offside. Free kick taken by Jamie Jones.
- 6:10 Dean Cox takes a shot. Save made by Steve Arnold.
- 3:13 Corner taken right-footed by Filipe Morais from the right by-line, clearance made by Mathieu Baudry.
- 1:57 Moses Odubajo produces a cross, clearance by Ben Chorley. Leon McSweeney sends in a cross, save by Steve Arnold.
- 0:00 The referee gets the game underway.
Live text and data provided by The Press Association.