MK Dons 0 - 3 Bournemouth
Bournemouth secured their third straight victory and condemned MK Dons to their fourth defeat in six games.
Lewis Grabban intercepted Jon Otsemobor's weak back-pass to put the visitors ahead.
The Dons' Ryan Lowe was sent off for a reckless lunge on Tommy Elphick after the pair had earlier squared up.
Marc Pugh's rebound made it 2-0 and, after Shaun Williams hit the post for the hosts, Harry Arter's 25-yard drive secured Bournemouth's victory.
VIEW FROM THE DRESSING ROOM
MK Dons manager Karl Robinson told BBC Three Counties Radio:
" I don't condone idiotic behaviour.
"If I think you've done something against this football club you either take it like a man or you walk away and you're gone.
"We all have moments of madness and do silly things, that was completely silly thing and he (Ryan Lowe) be fined internally and he knows that,
"He feels he's let us down and that's all we've got to say on the matter."
Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe told BBC Radio Solent:
"To come here and win 3-0 was really pleasing. I was very impressed with the players and how they responded and adapted to the different challenges in front of them today.
"It's not easy with eleven against ten. We see countless times the ten beat the eleven so we still had a lot to do at half time.
"I thought it was a disgusting challenge [by Lowe] - really really poor. I hope, pray Tommy's not badly hurt.
"We don't know at the moment but it's a knee problem so we'll wait and see. To do that to a fellow professional I think is really poor."
Live text and stats
Saturday, 2 February 2013
|Home Team||Score||Away Team||Time|
- 01 Martin
- 02 Otsemobor
- 03 Lewington
- 04 Doumbe (Smith 63)
- 12 Chicksen (McLeod 46)
- 06 Williams
- 08 Potter
- 20 Harley
- 23 Lines (Ismail 79)
- 09 Bowditch
- 14 Lowe red card
- 15 Flanagan,
- 11 Smith,
- 18 Baldock,
- 21 Alli,
- 32 Ismail,
- 13 McLeod
- 01 Jalal
- 02 Francis
- 03 Cook
- 05 Seaborne yellow card
- 07 Pugh
- 13 Elphick (Ritchie 45+6)
- 08 Arter
- 17 McQuoid (Hughes 79)
- 32 O'Kane
- 22 Grabban (Tubbs 86)
- 40 Pitman
- 21 Allsop,
- 06 Partington,
- 12 Fogden,
- 26 Hughes,
- 30 Ritchie,
- 18 Tubbs,
- 33 Fletcher
- MK Dons 47%
- Bournemouth 53%
Attempts on target
- MK Dons 0
- Bournemouth 5
Attempts off target
- MK Dons 7
- Bournemouth 8
- MK Dons 2
- Bournemouth 2
- MK Dons 9
- Bournemouth 8
- Final Result
- Full Time
- 90:00+2:50 The referee ends the match.
- 90:00+1:49 Alan Smith fouled by Daniel Seaborne, the ref awards a free kick. Shaun Williams takes the free kick. Simon Francis fouled by Alan Smith, the ref awards a free kick. Shwan Jalal takes the direct free kick.
- 90:00+1:20 Harry Arter takes a shot.
- 90:00+0:08 Inswinging corner taken left-footed by Matt Ritchie, clearance by Alan Smith.
- 87:30 Effort from deep inside the area by Brett Pitman hits the post.
- 85:15 Substitution Matt Tubbs comes on in place of Lewis Grabban.
- 83:45 The assist for the goal came from Brett Pitman.
- 83:45 GOAL - Harry Arter:MK Dons 0 - 3 Bournemouth Harry Arter finds the net with a goal from a long way out to the top right corner of the goal. Milton Keynes Dons 0-3 Bournemouth.
- 83:10 Foul by Zeli Ismail on Marc Pugh, free kick awarded. Direct free kick taken by Brett Pitman.
- 81:18 Izale McLeod produces a left-footed shot from deep inside the six-yard box which goes wide of the right-hand post.
- 78:12 Substitution Richard Hughes replaces Josh McQuoid.
- 78:12 Substitution Zeli Ismail on for Chris Lines.
- 75:37 Josh McQuoid gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Izale McLeod. Ryan Harley restarts play with the free kick.
- 75:20 Matt Ritchie crosses the ball, David Martin makes a save.
- 74:34 Harry Arter takes a shot. Darren Potter gets a block in.
- 71:53 Inswinging corner taken right-footed by Marc Pugh, save made by David Martin.
- 70:01 The offside flag is raised against Izale McLeod. Free kick taken by Simon Francis.
- 67:56 Shaun Williams takes a shot from outside the box and strikes the post. The assistant referee signals for offside against Matt Ritchie. David Martin restarts play with the free kick.
- 67:00 Corner taken right-footed by Ryan Harley from the right by-line, clearance by Eunan O'Kane.
- 66:05 Lewis Grabban takes a shot. Save by David Martin.
- 64:00 Brett Pitman has an effort from just inside the box that misses to the left of the goal.
- 62:03 Substitution Alan Smith comes on in place of Mathias Doumbe.
- 60:41 The ball is delivered by Simon Francis, clearance by Shaun Williams.
- 58:57 A cross is delivered by Brett Pitman, save by David Martin.
- 57:54 Effort from long distance by Izale McLeod goes wide right of the target.
- 54:41 The ball is crossed by Matt Ritchie, Dean Lewington makes a clearance.
- 53:50 Izale McLeod is flagged offside by the assistant referee. Steve Cook restarts play with the free kick.
- 51:44 Shot by Josh McQuoid from a long way out goes over the net.
- 50:16 Dean Lewington fouled by Josh McQuoid, the ref awards a free kick. Free kick taken by Ryan Harley.
- 49:24 Foul by Marc Pugh on Jon Otsemobor, free kick awarded. Ryan Harley restarts play with the free kick.
- 47:57 Izale McLeod gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Steve Cook. Shwan Jalal takes the free kick.
- 45:55 A cross is delivered by Josh McQuoid, save made by David Martin.
- 45:38 Steve Cook produces a cross, clearance made by Shaun Williams.
- 45:01 The referee gets the second half underway.
- 45:01 Substitution Izale McLeod on for Adam Chicksen.
- Half Time
- 45:00+5:14 The ref blows to end the first period.
- 45:00+5:10 Substitution Matt Ritchie on for Tommy Elphick.
- 45:00+3:42 The assist for the goal came from Lewis Grabban.
- 45:00+3:42 GOAL - Marc Pugh:MK Dons 0 - 2 Bournemouth Marc Pugh gets on the score sheet with a goal from inside the area to the bottom left corner of the goal. Milton Keynes Dons 0-2 Bournemouth.
- 45:00+2:31 Lewis Grabban takes a shot. Save by David Martin.
- Correction - 43:30 Sent off Ryan Lowe receives a red card for serious foul play.
- 43:30 Sent off Ryan Lowe sent from the field by the ref for violent conduct.
- 41:35 Ryan Lowe takes a shot. Shwan Jalal makes a save.
- 36:48 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Josh McQuoid by Darren Potter. Direct free kick taken by Steve Cook.
- 32:01 The ball is crossed by Dean Lewington, clearance by Steve Cook.
- 31:21 Marc Pugh takes a shot. Save made by David Martin.
- 28:56 Ryan Harley takes the direct free kick.
- 28:56 Booking Booking for Daniel Seaborne for unsporting behaviour.
- 28:47 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Dean Bowditch by Daniel Seaborne.
- 27:19 The ball is delivered by Dean Bowditch.
- 26:05 Shot on goal by Ryan Lowe from just inside the area goes over the target.
- 25:39 The ball is swung over by Dean Bowditch, save by Shwan Jalal.
- 23:42 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Chris Lines by Simon Francis. Direct free kick taken by Chris Lines. Tommy Elphick concedes a free kick for a foul on Ryan Lowe. Direct free kick taken by Ryan Harley.
- 21:01 Daniel Seaborne concedes a free kick for a foul on Dean Bowditch. The free kick is swung in left-footed by Shaun Williams.
- 18:39 Effort from the edge of the area by Ryan Lowe goes wide of the left-hand post.
- 16:41 Foul by Adam Chicksen on Simon Francis, free kick awarded. Simon Francis restarts play with the free kick.
- 16:06 Ryan Harley produces a right-footed shot from just outside the box that goes wide left of the target.
- 13:16 Free kick awarded for a foul by Shaun Williams on Simon Francis. Direct free kick taken by Shwan Jalal. Dean Lewington concedes a free kick for a foul on Brett Pitman. Simon Francis restarts play with the free kick.
- 12:25 Corner taken by Ryan Harley from the left by-line, Eunan O'Kane makes a clearance.
- 11:17 Lewis Grabban has an effort from just inside the box that misses to the left of the target.
- 8:47 GOAL - Lewis Grabban:MK Dons 0 - 1 Bournemouth Goal scored by Lewis Grabban from inside the box to the bottom right corner of the goal. Milton Keynes Dons 0-1 Bournemouth.
- 8:10 The ball is sent over by Dean Lewington, clearance made by Tommy Elphick.
- 6:16 Dean Bowditch challenges Steve Cook unfairly and gives away a free kick. Daniel Seaborne restarts play with the free kick.
- 4:06 Darren Potter gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Eunan O'Kane. Free kick taken by Simon Francis.
- 2:36 The ball is sent over by Jon Otsemobor. The referee penalises Simon Francis for handball. Dean Lewington restarts play with the free kick.
- 1:08 Effort on goal by Brett Pitman from just inside the area clears the crossbar.
- 0:00 The ref blows the whistle to begin the match.
Live text and data provided by The Press Association.