Hartlepool 2 - 1 Notts County
Peter Hartley and James Poole formed an appropriate scoring combination as Hartlepool secured only their second home League One win of the season by beating Notts County.
Poole put the hosts ahead from close range, from a Jonathan Franks pass.
Alan Sheehan's clever 50-yard diagonal pass freed Jamal Campbell-Ryce, who cut inside to fire in the equaliser.
And Hartlepool's highly fitting scoresheet was completed when Hartley nodded in Evan Horwood's free-kick.
It is the first time Hartley and Poole have combined to score for the third-tier's bottom side.
Defender Hartley has netted eight league goals for the north-east club since arriving from neighbours Sunderland in July 2009, while forward Poole has struck 10 times in his 63 appearances.
Hartlepool have won their last two matches after last weekend's victory at Portsmouth and are now eight points adrift of safety.
The Magpies have now lost two of their last three matches on the road - this coming on the back of a 22-game unbeaten away run.
VIEW FROM THE DRESSING ROOM
Notts County manager Keith Curle told BBC Radio Nottingham:
"We didn't start well, we started slowly. A few of the players in the dressing room thought because of Hartlepool's place in the league, it was a case of just turning up.
"We did our best to make sure that wasn't our mindset, but we are disappointed with the way we started the game.
"Between the 18-yard boxes we did well. We got the ball down, passed, moved and caused them problems - more so second half."
Live text and stats
Saturday, 2 February 2013
|Home Team||Score||Away Team||Time|
- 01 Flinders
- 02 Austin
- 05 Collins
- 06 Horwood
- 18 Baldwin
- 29 Hartley yellow card
- 03 Humphreys
- 07 Franks (Holden 72)
- 08 Walton yellow card
- 10 Poole (James 79)
- 36 Wyke (Monkhouse 83)
- 31 McHugh,
- 22 Holden,
- 11 Monkhouse,
- 14 Luscombe,
- 16 Rowbotham,
- 17 Rutherford,
- 33 James
- 23 Speiss
- 03 Sheehan
- 06 Leacock yellow card
- 08 Liddle
- 10 Judge
- 11 Hughes
- 16 Labadie (Kelly 46)
- 20 Campbell-Ryce yellow card
- 28 Boucaud
- 13 Zoko (Nangel 81)
- 15 Arquin (Bencherif 77)
- 35 Pilkington,
- 02 Kelly,
- 05 Smith,
- 14 Mahon,
- 18 Bencherif,
- 09 Showunmi,
- 31 Nangel
- Hartlepool 51%
- Notts County 49%
Attempts on target
- Hartlepool 5
- Notts County 7
Attempts off target
- Hartlepool 5
- Notts County 5
- Hartlepool 2
- Notts County 4
- Hartlepool 10
- Notts County 9
- Final Result
- Full Time
- 90:00+5:42 The referee signals the end of the game.
- 90:00+3:53 Centre by Alan Judge, save made by Scott Flinders.
- 90:00+3:13 A cross is delivered by Darren Holden, clearance by Dean Leacock.
- 90:00+0:36 Direct strike on goal from the free kick comes in from Alan Sheehan, blocked by Jack Baldwin.
- 90:00+0:36 Booking Booking for Simon Walton for unsporting behaviour.
- 89:02 Direct free kick taken by Evan Horwood, Shot from 20 yards by Dean Leacock. Alan Sheehan gets a block in. Jeff Hughes fouled by Simon Walton, the ref awards a free kick.
- 89:02 Booking Dean Leacock receives a yellow card.
- 88:29 Free kick awarded for a foul by Dean Leacock on Luke James.
- 87:01 Jamal Campbell-Ryce crosses the ball.
- 85:38 Unfair challenge on Andre Boucaud by Ritchie Humphreys results in a free kick. Free kick taken by Andre Boucaud.
- 83:31 The ball is crossed by Luke James, clearance by Alan Sheehan.
- 82:51 Luke James fouled by Dean Leacock, the ref awards a free kick. Evan Horwood crosses the ball in from the free kick, clearance by Dean Leacock.
- 82:09 Substitution Charlie Wyke goes off and Andy Monkhouse comes on.
- 80:46 Substitution Romello Nangel comes on in place of Francois Zoko.
- 78:32 Substitution Luke James replaces James Poole.
- 77:32 Evan Horwood delivers the ball, clearance made by Alan Sheehan.
- 76:03 Substitution Hamza Bencherif is brought on as a substitute for Yoann Arquin.
- 74:53 The ball is crossed by Jeff Hughes. Alan Judge takes a shot. Save by Scott Flinders.
- 71:38 Substitution (Hartlepool) makes a substitution, with Darren Holden coming on for Jonathan Franks.
- 71:23 Yoann Arquin produces a right-footed shot from just outside the penalty area that goes harmlessly over the target.
- 69:14 Evan Horwood provided the assist for the goal.
- 69:14 GOAL - Peter Hartley:Hartlepool 2 - 1 Notts County Peter Hartley grabs a headed goal from close in. Hartlepool 2-1 Notts County.
- 67:53 Alan Sheehan handles the ball and concedes a free kick. Evan Horwood crosses the ball,
- 65:57 Unfair challenge on Neil Austin by Jeff Hughes results in a free kick. Neil Austin takes the free kick.
- 61:55 Shot by Alan Sheehan. Save by Scott Flinders.
- 60:52 Booking Jamal Campbell-Ryce receives a caution for unsporting behaviour.
- 60:49 Jamal Campbell-Ryce crosses the ball. Corner taken by Alan Judge from the right by-line, Sam Collins makes a clearance.
- 60:28 Centre by Gary Liddle, clearance made by Simon Walton.
- 57:06 Charlie Wyke produces a right-footed shot from outside the box and misses left.
- 55:59 Booking Peter Hartley goes into the referee's book for unsporting behaviour.
- 54:45 Unfair challenge on Charlie Wyke by Dean Leacock results in a free kick. Free kick crossed by Simon Walton, save by Fabian Spiess. Shot from 18 yards by James Poole. Save by Fabian Spiess. Unfair challenge on Fabian Spiess by Peter Hartley results in a free kick. Direct free kick taken by Fabian Spiess.
- 54:12 The ball is delivered by Jonathan Franks, Andre Boucaud makes a clearance.
- 51:55 Assist by Alan Sheehan.
- 51:55 GOAL - Jamal Campbell-Ryce:Hartlepool 1 - 1 Notts County Jamal Campbell-Ryce gets on the score sheet with a goal from inside the box to the bottom left corner of the goal. Hartlepool 1-1 Notts County.
- 49:31 Jamal Campbell-Ryce sends in a cross. Header from deep inside the penalty area by Francois Zoko goes harmlessly over the crossbar.
- 47:34 Jonathan Franks takes a shot from 18 yards. Save by Fabian Spiess.
- 46:47 Centre by Alan Sheehan.
- 45:58 Peter Hartley concedes a free kick for a foul on Gary Liddle. Free kick crossed by Alan Sheehan, save by Scott Flinders.
- 45:01 The game restarts for the second half.
- 45:01 Substitution Julian Kelly joins the action as a substitute, replacing Joss Labadie.
- Half Time
- 45:00+1:01 The whistle is blown to end the first half.
- 44:31 The assistant referee flags for offside against Jeff Hughes. Scott Flinders takes the direct free kick.
- 43:06 The ball is crossed by Jamal Campbell-Ryce.
- 41:26 A cross is delivered by Jonathan Franks, Gary Liddle makes a clearance.
- 40:01 Handball by Jeff Hughes. Free kick taken by Sam Collins.
- 39:03 Gary Liddle is penalised for handball and concedes a free kick. Simon Walton takes the free kick.
- 38:35 Francois Zoko takes a shot. Save made by Scott Flinders.
- 37:01 Corner taken by Alan Judge. Yoann Arquin takes a shot. Clearance made by Neil Austin. Inswinging corner taken right-footed by Alan Judge from the left by-line.
- 36:41 Jamal Campbell-Ryce takes a shot. Peter Hartley gets a block in.
- 35:06 Free kick awarded for a foul by Ritchie Humphreys on Alan Judge. Direct free kick taken by Andre Boucaud.
- 32:42 Free kick awarded for a foul by James Poole on Alan Sheehan. Direct free kick taken by Alan Judge.
- 31:09 Centre by Francois Zoko, save by Scott Flinders. James Poole produces a left-footed shot from just outside the area that goes harmlessly over the target.
- 30:38 The ball is sent over by Jamal Campbell-Ryce, clearance by Peter Hartley.
- 29:01 Effort from outside the area by Alan Judge goes wide right of the goal.
- Correction - 28:26 The ball is delivered by Jamal Campbell-Ryce, save by Scott Flinders.
- 28:26 Jamal Campbell-Ryce delivers the ball, Scott Flinders makes a save.
- 25:34 Jonathan Franks delivers the ball, Joss Labadie manages to make a clearance. Jonathan Franks produces a left-footed shot from just outside the area that goes harmlessly over the target.
- 22:54 Gary Liddle gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on James Poole. Evan Horwood takes the direct free kick. Jonathan Franks is ruled offside. Fabian Spiess takes the direct free kick.
- 21:51 James Poole has an effort at goal from outside the penalty area which goes wide right of the goal.
- 21:01 The assistant referee signals for offside against Francois Zoko. Scott Flinders takes the free kick.
- 19:18 Shot from outside the box by Charlie Wyke goes wide right of the target.
- 18:16 Centre by Jamal Campbell-Ryce.
- 16:24 Centre by Jonathan Franks, Dean Leacock manages to make a clearance. Corner taken by Evan Horwood.
- 15:17 Free kick awarded for a foul by Ritchie Humphreys on Jamal Campbell-Ryce. Alan Sheehan takes the direct free kick.
- 13:10 Peter Hartley takes a shot. Blocked by Joss Labadie. Inswinging corner taken by Evan Horwood.
- 12:39 Joss Labadie gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Charlie Wyke. Simon Walton restarts play with the free kick.
- 11:53 Long range shot from Joss Labadie misses to the left of the target.
- 10:36 Unfair challenge on James Poole by Dean Leacock results in a free kick. Simon Walton crosses the ball from the free kick right-footed from left wing.
- 10:09 The ball is crossed by Jamal Campbell-Ryce, clearance by Peter Hartley.
- 8:44 Jamal Campbell-Ryce produces a cross.
- 7:28 Joss Labadie concedes a free kick for a foul on Jack Baldwin. Free kick taken by Sam Collins.
- 6:27 Jamal Campbell-Ryce produces a cross.
- 6:03 Unfair challenge on Joss Labadie by Ritchie Humphreys results in a free kick. Jeff Hughes takes the direct free kick.
- 4:45 Assist by Jonathan Franks.
- 4:45 GOAL - James Poole:Hartlepool 1 - 0 Notts County James Poole finds the net with a goal from inside the six-yard box to the top left corner of the goal. Hartlepool 1-0 Notts County.
- 3:24 Corner taken by Alan Judge from the right by-line, Jack Baldwin manages to make a clearance.
- 1:41 Foul by Joss Labadie on James Poole, free kick awarded. The free kick is swung in left-footed by Evan Horwood. Jeff Hughes fouled by Jack Baldwin, the ref awards a free kick. Fabian Spiess takes the free kick.
- 0:47 Jack Baldwin concedes a free kick for a foul on Fabian Spiess. Fabian Spiess restarts play with the free kick.
- 0:00 The referee gets the game underway.
Live text and data provided by The Press Association.